Tipperary GAA 2024

The tipp club championship is like the serie A. A retirement home for one time good hurlers.

1 Like

Off to bed smack head

Anyone know what price Cahir were to beat Ballina yesterday in the Senior Football?

They dont have 5 kids like Curran either. He is an enigma.

1 Like

Think they were 7/4.

Ballina were 1/2.

Good win for Cahir.

Explains why he wants to go training still

2 Likes

Very good - Cahir man originally so I’d keep up with it, although Football generally doesn’t do it for me. Have they been doing we to stay as senior for so long in recent years? I’d know a lot of the lads and wouldn’t put them as a ‘Senior’ level team

Yeah an Aaron Wall penalty save from Barry Grogan in the dying moments of the Relegation Final kept them up in 2022. Beat Arravale in the Group last year.

Think Johnny Smacks is still in charge.

Not sure if Casey is back around. He was a big loss for a few years.

Curran is more or less a teetotaller and eats/drinks as well as any inter county player still.
He’s not carrying a pick on him.

Some achievement to be still playing at full back, most lads of that age tend to be be forwards playing peripheral roles. He’s still central to their whole back line.

Casey is still in Oz. Played a vital role in that win last year v Arravale.

I know ballina have a lot of blow ins from football country but their a hurling club first and foremost still. Can’t imagine they had much done collectively.

He’s home for a month to get married - saw him kitted out in a photo, so not sure what story is there

1 Like

He is in some condition in fairness. Mentally very strong. In the McGeeney mould in that department. To be playing full back senior hurling at his age in unprecedented. He does like to have a few pints. Was having a few for All Ireland anyway but wouldnt be one for going mad.

1 Like

Could have been playing for all I know so.

There’s no relegation in Tipp club football this year and with Commercials/LM/Moyle ahead of the pack you’d wonder if a lot of these games carry any weight.

Ah Jaysis - wasn’t aware of that

Is that because of Drom pulling out?

Emmet Moloney giving an exhibition in both codes with his beloved Portlaoise the past week or so

1 Like

Ardfinnan put in some motion that blocked it.

1 Like

Football is being driven strong in Ballina - I’d be surprised if they didn’t train for it.
They are better at football than they are at hurling - although they are underachieving at hurling - they should be doing better with talent that they have - decent team on paper

Was pondering this yesterday for the Clare senior championship.

Gerry O’Grady was a minor in 2001 which would put him at 41 or so, think he is injured presently. Cathal Dillon is still knocking around and I think played some Clare cup and would be close to 45 too for Crusheen.

Aside from that, Michael Scanlon would be touching 40 at full back for Scariff while Patrick Donnellan would be 39 and a mainstay for the Mills at wing back, think his older brother Bryan is still hurling too but is with the second team these days.

Daithi O’Connell is still thereabouts for Wolfe tones at intermediate level and would be 43 or so.

Kilruane came back from
5 points down to make it two wins from two with a one point win over Borris.

Borrisileigh rightly aggravated with the referee in the final play of the game as they chased a leveller when the ref/umpire refused to first give a 65 then a free in for overcarrying.
Borris were without JD Devanney who was a loss and Kevin Maher went off injured.

Kilruane got a goal right after half time but never pushed on afterwards.
Best of show overall were Brendan Maher, Dan McCormack, Eddie Ryan for Borris whilst Thomas Cleary and Sean macadams were best for kilruane.

Paddy McCormack showed some lovely flashes for Borris, he’s another one of those young players coming through that has it.

The result means toomevara must beat Drom or are out.

Moneygall defeated Kickhams in the only other game at intermediate level, the margin of victory probably lower than some would expect and may give hope to other teams challenging Moneygall.

2 Likes