Tipperary GAA 2024

His back is fucked I think. He dropped down to junior two years ago but when they needed him, he went back in with the then seniors.

Still gives plenty to the club but think he’s been living in North Cork for a good few years (unless he’s moved back). Don’t think he’s 40 until later in year.

1 Like

Declan famously was dragged out for CR’s relegation battles in 02-04

3 Likes

I’d imagine one of his brothers is in goal?

Hickey was poorly treated by Sheedy I think and also head strong. He was told in 08 he wouldn’t be on the 30 before the Munster final so went drinking. The weeks before hand Sheedy played him corner back

1 Like

No Shane is in goals thus far.

Didn’t realise he’d ousted Darragh… That’ll make for interesting Sunday dinner conversation.

Mad to think Big Dec was only 35 for the Moycarkey relegation match in 2003.

I’d have thought he was about a decade older at the time.

Some crowd at that game

1 Like

And he was the difference. I was at the relegation semi and he nearly turned it himself. He looked older than 35

1 Like

Templederry have a lot of lads in their 30s on their team.

The GOAT not mentioned at all. Club senior debut in 97 and in goals still.

2 Likes

We were talking specifically about outfield players.

The backbone of that Templederry team is still from a north u21 A winning side around 2007. I’d say Paudie O Leary could be older.

1 Like

Curran a few months older than him even. Some boyos :rofl:

2 Likes

Outfield. But it’s class he’s still there, having done a year Junior B.

They edged out a star studded, three in a row County chasing Kilruane by one point in the North Final before coming acropper to Padraic Maher and co in the County Final in a rain soaked Templemore on Christmas week.

Manchester United became World Club Champions the same day.

1 Like

Spuddy Hogan was centre forward on that side? They then went and won intermediate?
The U21 was box office back then. Any Christmas 21sts were predicated by the County Final

1 Like

They won the Intermediate the same year 2008.

U21 is still kind of BOX OFFICE but not to the same level as the 2007-2019 era.

I remember going to a 21st in Toome around 2005/06 a week after they won 21. Must have been the 27th December. Phenomenal craic. The Tipp Seniors had training that day So Gate crashed. A certain Cappa full back was sent home in a taxi for being a knob.

Halcyon days.

The mother of the celebrant decreed he leave the pub.

Different Johnny Gleeson (1st cousins)

1 Like

Met him yesterday, the man is in great shape still so I couldn’t see why he couldn’t or wouldn’t.

Darragh Hickey really important to that Boherlahan side with his experience, they’re a young side. I think they’re being forgotten about as genuine Winners of PIHC to be honest.