Tipperary GAA 2024

Is McCarthy a bit one sided?

He definitely prefers his left but is not one sided in the way that Declan Dalton is where his right is barely functioning. He’s a bit like TK or john Conlon in that he prefers his backhand but can still score from 50 yards comfortably off his right. His goal in last weekends u19 final was off his right.

Hard to stop so in that case.

I see Donie Nealon’s daughter passed away over the weekend, would be known to many from her time in the Munster Council office. They’ve had a share of hardship over the years. The bed of heaven to her.

11 Likes

Holycross fire over 9 of the last 11 points to come from behind and beat Thurles by two points in tonights Mid U19 A Final and keep their hopes of three in a row County Championships alive.

They now face off against Toomevara on Sunday in the Semi Final, a repeat of last years Final.

Should be another belter.

Mistake by Tg4 to pick Loughmore v kilruane instead of Sars v nenagh.

3 Likes

@peddlerscross the local rumour mill has the Brackens paying a couple of grand a mont to a Strength and Conditioning guy from Tipp Town. Oscar O’Dwyer I think is his name.

Oscar is a good man.

Was with Cratloe for a few years and possibly still is. Only around 27/28.

Kev was saying on Twitter before that he’s one of the best S&C lads around.

A lot can be said for the visual appeal of the standard Excel sheet, as mentioned by someone before here.

2 Likes

The accountancy clique here get a fierce horn anytime they see a spreadsheet

2 Likes

That fella is the S&C coach for Adare too. Hadn’t come across him before but remembered the name as you don’t come across too many Oscars.

Cashel come good late on to beat Boherlahon by 4 in the Prem Inter Preliminary Quarter Final.

Great game played in front of a huge crowd in Dundrum.

Quarter Final line up:

Thurles Sarsfields v Cashel KC
Burgess v Carrick Swans
St Marys v Gortnahoe
Upperchurch v Eire Og Annacarthy

Elsewhere Holycross beat Toomevara well for a finish in the U19 A Semi Final. They’ll win the Final by whatever they like.

Drom hammered by Borrisokane in Moneygall in the Intermediate preliminary playoff.

I had to pull into Eamon Butlers in Templemore on the way home to quell my rage at the pathetic performance

1 Like

Yeah i was surprised by the margin of victory there.

On a side note, there was a BOX OFFICE Under 9 Hurling blitz held inside in Semple Stadium yesterday (you might have seen some bits about it on Social Media) and you would have been very impressed with Big Rob’s attention to detail for the occasion.

The great man was fully kitted out with a Walkie Talkie and really brought a ‘big game feel’ to proceedings for the kids involved.

6 Likes

Great game might be a bit of an over statement but it was decent. The huge crowd goes to show what can happen when games get played on their own.

Next weekend there will be QF x 4 in senior, premier, intermediate & junior A. Add to that there’s relegation in the top three grades. Too many games in one weekend. Where possible, there should have been relegation games this weekend would have helped.

:smiley::smiley::clap::clap::clap:

Cashel edge out Golden 0-30 to 2-22 AET in West Under 19 A Final.

17 points for Oisin O’Donoghue. He has it.

Ridiculous Cashel now play again Thursday and 4 of them play Saturday against Thurles for their Premier Intermediates having played just two days ago against Boherlahon.

1 Like

It’s almost like they’re being punished for shoehorning in a made up tournament and grade

It’s all Power BI now