Tipperary GAA 2024

Is that the same lad?

That was him before the match :smiley:

Nenagh V Thurles Sarsfields
Kiladangan V Moycarkey Borris
Loughmore V Kilruane Mac Donaghs
Toomevara V JK Brackens

Could be four mid teams or four north teams in the semis :joy:.

Some cracking games there.

I reckon it will 2x Mid and 2x North.

Thurles, Kiladangan, Loughmore and Toomevara. I had a fancy for JK Brackens to go really deep but they are going into it now on a real low after taking a 20 point trimming from Kiladangan. Big one for Shane Keegan to turn around.

Borrisileigh v Lorrha and Templederry v Roscrea in relegation. Borrisileigh should have no issues with Lorrha and Roscrea should take care of Templederry.

Good draw for JKB although I think Toome will win.

Nenagh v Sars is tie of the round, nenagh have a great record overall in knockout matches v thurles albeit Sars did win narrowly last year.

Kiladangan & Loughmore will win.

Nenagh have a serious record vs Sars. Could easily turn them over.

Nenagh knocked Thurles out of the Championship in 2007, 2013, 2018 and 2020 but didn’t convert into any County Title.

Thurles knocked Nenagh out in 2009, 2014, 2015 and 2023 going on to win three County titles.

Nenagh really really should have won the 2014 and 2015 ties.

5 Likes

It’ll be talked about in years to come how Nenagh never won a County Final from 2006 onwards. When they blow hot they can be a serious team (probably worthy of a POWER RANKINGS spot) but when they fail to fire they look like relegation candidates.

2 Likes

They were the better team in the 2013 and 2015 finals but were edged out in both by one point.

Some of the Hurling they played in the 2018 Quarter Final and Semi Final was as good as you’d see but they completely flopped in the Final and deservedly lost by 4.

2014 they played great stuff too winning the North before Thurles beat them AET in a Quarter Final. You’ll absolutely love the scenes below at 1 hour and 8 minutes in as Big Robert Ryan is called into Emergency action to contain the Nenagh management team who engage in some amazing shithousery to put Aidan McCormack off while hitting a last minute free to win it in Normal Time.

3 Likes

Tipperary SHC Relegation Semi Finals

Borris-ileigh V Lorrha
Roscrea V Templederry

Tipperary Premier Intermediate Hurling Championship

Preliminary Quarter Final
Cashel King Cormacs v Boherlahan-Dualla on September 8 in Dundrum at 2pm

Relegation Semi-Finals
Sean Treacys v Silvermines
Newport v Moyne-Templetuohy

Tipperary Intermediate Hurling Championship

Preliminary Quarter Final
Drom & Inch v Borrisokane on September 8 in Dolla at 2.00pm

Relegation Semi-Finals
Arravale Rovers v Ballybacon/Grange
Skeheenarinky v Upperchurch/Drombane

Should be a right crowd in Dundrum for the Cashel Boherlahan game.

1 Like

Drom edged out by Upperchurch AET tonight in Mid U19B Final cc @StoneCold Sounds like it was a cracker.

The North A Final on Sunday another cracker with Toome beating Borrisileigh by one point AET.

I reckon the Mid A Final tomorrow night between Holycross and Thurles could be the best of the lot. 16 year old Euan Murray centre back for Sarsfields against a Holycross team going for three in a row County Titles.

Clubber could do worse than show it. They were in Nenagh on Sunday for the North.

I’d say Tipperary hurling hasnt been this pregnant with promise in nearly 20 years.

4 Likes

Serious talent at under 19 alright around the county. Most of the under 20 team that lost the AI, last 2 x Harty cup winners, minor AI champions in 22 + 24. Plus a few other lads who are bubbling and not part of any of the above.

2 Likes

That game is on Clubber tomorrow night.

It’s up to the county board to put the proper structures in place for all these young lads. I’d worry about all them south lads from junior clubs.

2 Likes

Getting lads who go onto 3rd level support is crucial.

Support for diet + nutrition
Access to S+C facilities
Getting them playing at 3rd level
Transport back for training in spring

The lads in Senior + prem int clubs probably have that, but the lads from Fethard, Ballylooby…, really need it if they want to kick on.

I reckon theres 17 forwards underage for U20 next year who have either have it or have the potential to have it. They are fairly evenly split too between the traditional ‘sniper in Cooper Helmet’ model and the modern day big, strong athletic workhorse.

I don’t know how Cummins is going to figure it out for next year.

I don’t know if Cummins is the man to figure it out at all

*wan-on-wans aside

2 Likes

Very hard to do so when FOC will only want 5 forwards max.

I dont know how this u20 v Senior thing is going to work next year regarding eligibility but Tipp ought to be shipping three or four of these lads straight into the Senior set up.

Darragh McCarthy for sure and probably O’Farrell and O’Halloran too. Filter some of the forwards back the field.

Tipp haven’t used an u20 at Senior since 2019 and I know none since have probably been up to it but its time to fast track this group.

The rule change next year might facilitate it. Takes some managing though. Lads can easily fall between both stools.

1 Like