Tipperary GAA 2024

6pt wind.

The Taliban v the Greyhounds in the final

What would Paudie Maher be like tactically? Can’t imagine he’d be a massive fan of Performance Analysis but if he’s not he probably is missing a trick.

Delighted for Sars the shower of cunts

I’d imagine he wouldn’t be leaving any stone unturned but the reality is Loughmore when they’ve everyone are slightly better than Sars. Loughmore really negated the influence of Ronan and if it wasn’t for some bad shooting they’d have won by 6 or 7.

8 years without a Dan Breen is a famine for them.

Loughmore strong favourites to win it out but their record v Toome isn’t hectic and they definitely won’t lack belief.

4 Likes

Toome would have no lack of confidence anyway. They would see a county final as their rightful place to be. Loughmore will be kicking football before then too

4 Likes

Loughmore just know how to get it done. They never looked like losing that today. Conditions probably suited them more and Thurles could never get into a rhythm.

Thurles’s famine is beginning to be like a weight on their back. If you’d said in 2017 they wouldn’t win any of the next seven, you’d have been sent to get checked out.

I don’t recall too many recent meetings between Toomevara and Loughmore. Toome won a County Semi Final in 2008 and Loughmore won a 2014 Group encounter.

Loughmore should have too much class for them in a Final. Toomevara will bring some razzmatazz though and the New Stand should be rocking like its 2008 again.

I’d expect a huge crowd especially if Swans v Cashel is the curtain raiser.

4 Likes

I see our Masters are handing out some serious pastings in this years competition.

A 9-30 to 1-11 win over the Limerick’s at the weekend.

https://twitter.com/TippGAAMasters/status/1840712491732496746

There will be calls for Redser to be considered for the senior job yet before the winter is out.

3 Likes

He has them playing with some swagger.

Same way he has all the Durlas Og lads hurling. At pace and with purpose.

The Limerick team is a team of nobodies in fairness. A lad I was in school - fine underage hurler - captaining them. Controversially, a friend of mine’s brother from our side of the border has togged out for them. Wouldn’t even be much of a club hurler (fine rugby and soccer player) but didn’t go down too well when he brought a Limerick jersey home.

1 Like

It looks like a load of lads who picked up Social Hurling on the Astro Turf in their 40’s have been thrown together by the various Counties and been sent in to battle against the Tipperary thoroughbreds.

1 Like

It seems to be a bit of a Borris/Sars love in as far as I can tell

A mix of fellas who couldn’t hurl when they were young, a few decent club players who are still fit and would have been tipping away at junior level and a small handful of former county players (although I think none of them featured in the first game due to club commitments).

Wexford Masters team vs Cork:

1- Alan Carton

2- Brendan O’Leary

3- Brendan Mulligan

4-Declan Browne

5-Brendan Breen

6- John O’Connor

7- Niall O’Loughlin

8-Justin Kenny

9-Larry Morrissey

10-Rory Jacob

11-Alan Carton

12-MJ Furlong

13-Eoin Quigley

14-Nigel Higgins

15-Joey Lawlor

Subs:

Damien Grannels

Paul Carley

Sean O’Neill

Dave Guiney

Wexford team from the weekend against Cork. Obviously the likes of Rory Jacob and Eoin Quigley stand out plus sporadic county panelist’s in the 00’s like Nigel Higgins (what a talent back around 2005) and MJ Furlong. But I expected a larger number of household names. The bench is decent alright with Paul Carley and player-manager Dave Guiney. Brendan Mulligan still on the Harriers senior panel and Alan Carton was playing with Clougbawn until recently too. Presume that’s 2004 Leinster winning captain John O’ Connor (Rathnure) at centre-back.

Few roaster jeans on show. Great to see.

1 Like

Tipp team is ridiculous, Lar in midfield and Eoin Kelly centre forward. Limerick need to get the two Morans, Barry Foley, Pat Tobin, Stephen Lucey and a few more for next year.

Snipers find it a lot easier to hide slow-moving targets

1 Like

County Final Fixtures - I know they are driving traffic to the app for people to download it but its getting annoying already even - not everyone is capable of downloading the app - they need to post the fixtures as an article on the actual county board website also.

Tipperary GAA on X: “County Hurling Final Fixtures Get all the latest news on the Tipperary GAA app https://t.co/6kN9vaNFD5 https://t.co/zHBvaugymq” / X (twitter.com)

1 Like

Fuck sake would you not leave Tipp some hope of winning something next year

3 Likes