Tipperary GAA 2024

Be some laugh if KK wheel out Tommy Walsh, Larkin, JJ and those lads; I’d go down to see that. Would it nearly be considered poor form to put that score on a team in a Masters game? Tipp have changed the face of Masters hurling forever.

Tipp hammered KK in that charity game for Amanda Stapleton a few years back.

Jj is in the USA so unavailable. He was still saving Fenians up until two years ago and looks after himself. Michael Rice, Willie O Dwyer, Tommy Walsh, Larkin & Jackie all around the 40 mark? Fast Eddie is still in good nick.

1 Like

They should do another and try as get as many of those top 09’-16’ players as possible. Different obviously, but they’re expecting the Clare v Clare Clubs game in Ennis to do great business. People (myself included) love to see the stars and novel pairings.

1 Like

I’m guessing it depends whose available on certain weekends, Fitzhenry was in goal for 1 of the other games. Few lads still togging for their clubs 1st teams played other games.

Rice lined out at midfield for Carrickshock in the intermediate relegation final on Saturday. Willie O’Dwyer is a sub for the Mullinavat seniors. Tommy is a selector with Tullaroan, not sure if he’s togging out for their juniors. No sign of Jackie or Larkin on the village junior team in last weekend’s programme.

1 Like

Paddy McCormack and Brendan Cummins now both available after the weekend. Brislane will be under pressure

What’s the story with JJ? I saw a picture of him at a hurling camp in Florida a few months back.

Can’t remember was it him or his wife had to move there full time with work

Wife is high up in Glanbia, opportunity became available to go to Florida with the company and they took it.

1 Like

9-30 in Masters? What sort of weird bastards do that?

2 Likes

There is an innate cruelty in the nature of the sniper.

Mate of mine was at the camp with his kid and said JJ was sound out.

https://twitter.com/TipperaryGAA/status/1841141595782967372?t=HI3E72bE2UWIFOitNFgdqg&s=19

RIP. One of the great characters of Tipperary GAA. As much a part of the furniture as any player, coach or administrator.

1 Like

Caretaker in Dr Morris?

Face is very familiar but I can’t say I’ve had dealings with him.

1 Like

Yeah he’s been at it for years. A quick witted man.

1 Like

God rest his soul

1 Like

He didn’t suffer fools and had a lovely way of giving fellas a bollocking.

And God help anyone who ate his biscuits.

2 Likes

Some lovely tributes on Bookface

1 Like

Ah here, that’s sad. He was a character alright. Fado, fado I spent a spring going in and out of Dr Morris a few times a week. We would knock great crack out of him. Cranky at times, quick witted but a kind hearted behind it all.

Fr Tom was manager of another team in there using the facilities at the time, well what he didn’t say about him behind his back was unreal, however in front of his face he was almost genflecting in front of him.

6 Likes

The Taliban getting waved through to the County Final here