Tipperary GAA 2024

I’d say there’s a strong correlation between u12/13 champions and senior success ten years later, especially in rural clubs.

Current Moycarkey team is backboned off u12 county.
Holycross coming along with the same pathway.

1 Like

These lads have pedigree. And Toome have always made hay when they’ve had them.

Kilruane u12 champions in 2010 and 2011 - Senior Champions in 2022.

Drom u12 champions 1999 - Senior Champions 2011

Clonoulty u12 champions 2003, 2004 and 2005 - Senior Champions 2018

3 Likes

You fucking cunt :smile:

Is Cahill wielding the axe the rumour going?

We beat Toomevara in an U14 Rural Final back in the day, Tommy Dunne might have 10 Senior County Championships but he hasn’t got an U-14 Rural…

3 Likes

And he never will

1 Like

From what ive seen on Clubber Loughmore should win comfortably.

How did rural championships work and when were they discontinued?

Best wishes this weekend chief

1 Like

Looks like the County Board Draw is just being held on Wednesday nights now this year and in Lar na Pairce not a local pub cc @StoneCold

I guess with so much money at stake, you can’t have drunk punters in a pub pulling out the winning tickets.

The big 20k this month going to Jake Dillon, the ex Waterford Hurler who has strong roots in Solohead.

John Kiely won another 300 euro to go with his 1k win from a few months ago.

Not sure when they were discontinued. It was only at U14 you had rural and urban-rural, so Swan and St Marys wouldn’t have been in the rural, we beat both of them in the Feile that year, lost to Durlas Og after extra time in Co Semi.
I think Arravale Rovers won the urban/rural that year.

1 Like

An effort to curtail the expenses of a certain former secretarty and head honcho of the draw I’m told

We’re fucked

FBD Insurance County Premier Intermediate Hurling Championship Relegation Final
Half time
Newport:0-7(7)
Sean Treacys :1-13(16)

Yere definitely fucked now

Big wind in the Ragg as usual and ye fought back but they were better from what I saw of it.

Ye will be back up when the current group of u15s comes through.

If that crew can stay out of the pub, we will do untold in a few years

2 Likes

Ragg man coaching Newport?

Any of Podge Tobin’s lads playing underage there?

I was chatting to a very nice man today who won the inaugural senior club All Ireland with Roscrea in 1971. We were at Raheny Ogra GAA where his grandson & my youngest were playing. You get a great class of person from Tipperary, I always find cc @peddlerscross.

8 Likes