Tipperary GAA 2024

The double is on. Some hammering they’re dishing out.

Some fierce crooked lines on the pitch :see_no_evil:

Yer man came out of Pat Foxes to line the pitch

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Moyle Rovers were fancied to win the county. They accounted for commercials 3 times already this year and had a few new recruits. How did they get beaten so badly in a game that looked 50 50 on paper?

South Tipperary is full of corner boy types who would transfer to another club should the opportunity arise. Dubious characters

2 Likes

It’s county final weekend in Tipperary.

4 county finals from Senior to Junior A and a relegation final at premier intermediate.

**Senior final **
Sunday at 3.45 in Semple Stadium
Loughmore v Toomevara

Prediction: Loughmore by 7

Premier intermediate final
Sunday
Cashel v Carrick swans

Prediction: Cashel AET

Intermediate final:
Moneygall v Ballingarry
Moneygall by 8

Junior A final
Kiladangan B v Moyle rovers
Moyle by 2

Premier intermediate relegation final
Sean Treacys v Newport
Sean Treacys by 2

Should be a big crowd in the stadium on Sunday with two town teams and a big Toomevara crowd. Also all four divisions represented on county final day for the first time in yonks.

2 Likes

All of the above + Holycross by 10 in the U19.

The Taliban are dangerously confident.

I’ve them backed at 15/2 but will lay off a small bit due to Toomes record in finals.

If Loughmore and Toome both play their best then LM win.

1 Like

A while since Toom were in a final? Have they been in contention the last few years or is this a breakout year for them

They went down to Seamus O Riann for a year or two before being a quarter final type team since.

They have reached a few semi finals without ever coming close to getting to a final. Generally beaten well by the likes of Kiladangan.

They got a decent draw this year when Moycarkey beat Kiladangan who’ve been a bogey team for them. Barry O Connell has been a very useful transfer in for them.

Darragh McCarthy has been the big shove on also. will start for Tipp next year and most definitely has it.
They are coming strongly again at underage winning u13 A this year by a cricket score and getting to u19 A county semi final. Few young Dunnes coming which is ominous.

3 Likes

If they win Sunday which would be a win against the head, they could win 10 of the next 20.

Losing the epic 2010 County Semi Final to Thurles finished the great team and they’d taken the eye off the ball underage.

But by just being Toome, they never slipped too far and have been as consistent a team as there has been since getting back up Senior A in 2018. Made a Quarter or Semi Final every year since bar 2021 when they made a right mess of things, crashing out on score difference after they won their first two group games and three teams ended up on 4 points.

1 Like

While you love to see them down, you need the big dogs purring for the county team to go well

2 Likes

I know Darragh McCarthy is savage but their not winning 10 of the next 20.

If you look back through the record books, the Toome team of the early 90s was based around u21 A wins in 86 and 90, they had a good run in the early 90s but were supplemented with a ridiculously strong u21 teams in the mid to late 90s that won 5 north u21 A titles constantly adding to their senior side.

I’m very interested to see how this 13 group develops. I was talking to a few Drom men who were very impressed with the ease they beat their own lads in the county final.

You’ll enjoy this.

4 Likes

My childhood memories is of them winning all them county finals easily in almost silence bar a pocket of their own supporters in the new stand.

There would have been an accusation that outside T dunne they didn’t add much to the county as they could have but Johno, Benny dunne & Young played in 2010 debunks that a bit.

Still, they are a massive club with huge tradition so like Thurles/Sars/Borris/Kilruane etc it bodes well for Tipp if they are strong.

All those Under 13’s will grow another leg if they win Sunday.

2 Likes

Waste of time reading anything into any underage bar 20s. It’s a nice to have don’t get me wrong and obviously better than them doing nothing. But if you got three seniors off a 13s team you’d be doing well.

1 Like

Christ that’s unbelievable