Tipperary GAA 2024

Noel will go off his own accord when he’s ready. Expectation is he will retire once the L-C season ends.

Barrett didnt really stand out for Holycross so he’s no loss.

Forde is a bit of a mystery. Plenty good inter County hurlers who are not exactly speed merchants. Peter Duggan is slow as tar ( I know he has better aerial ability than forde), conor Mcdonald and Tom Morrissey are others who wouldn’t be the quickest.

Pace isn’t the issue with Forde imo, it’s sheer aggression.
Opponents can just win the battle and take him out of games

Be interesting to see how many games Jason has finished in which he started for Tipp at Senior level.

Brilliant hurler but the IC game just never clicked for him unfortunately

2 Likes

As a Limerick I’ll be glad to see the back of Barrett, always a tough competitor and could be relied on to deliver when needed.

Not to be harsh on an individual, but you’d be delighted to see Forde starting against us. Wilts like spinach under heat

Cahill hasn’t a scooby doo.

Forde was at his peak as an IC forward when callanan/bubbles were ahead of him in the pecking order.
I’d like to see him at 6 or nowhere for inter county.

Re Barrett he is shoehorned into the holycross forward line where he was decent in previous years at times but he should be at 3 for them, getting him to play inside for them has always been an issue. I think he’s well past his peak as a corner back and is an awkward character in the squad when he’s not playing or front & centre.

3 Likes

Stick Forde at 6 and Barrett at 14.

Barret didn’t play well for Holycross during the summer.

1 Like

He has Barry Heffernan retired very young. Just turning 29 and he didn’t even really break into the team until 2017 or 2018. Albeit he’s been injured the last couple of years and Cathal Barrett is definitely far more of a loss. Tipp caught between teams at the minute but there’s plethora of snipers coming.

We’ll be fine for 2029 as long as Sheedy answers the call.

https://twitter.com/tipperarybng/status/1847639099970076871

1 Like

Must be all the Limerick breeding coming into the parish

2 Likes

They made up the second team that won the county C championship last week.

2 Likes

Nice little piece.

2 Likes

Nice piece in today’s Sunday indo sport section about loughmore for anyone interested

Loughmore flying so far with the aid of a strong breeze. Clonmel fairly sloppy.

The commentator is insufferable

Commercials in with a good chance here I think.

When they haven’t done stupid things they’ve gotten plenty of space inside. Perhaps Loughmore will drop a few more back this half.

Score?

10 t 4, loughmore continued their bright start, with the first score of the 2nd half.

Commercials have been very poor, but the Loughmore work rate is savage.

1 Like