Tipperary Matters

What’s 10,000 acres of land when you can have 20,000 acres of land.

A local farmer near us was coming to the end of his life and sold directly to the neighbours. Coolmore took legal proceedings on it but were beaten for once.

4 Likes

That Barne deal could get very messy

It will.

Coolmore have already ruined Fethard as a football powerhouse. They now want to ruin Tipperary as a whole.

Nobody gives a flying crap about their 1000 grade ones.

They paid silly money for Barne, it’s middling tillage ground at best

The story goes that not so long ago, Aidan went into some farmers place down in Faugheen or somewhere and wrote out on a cheque what he’d pay for the farm.

The farmer said to treble it, and we’ve a deal, to which Aidan duly obliged.

I know Ana O’Brien is running a big stud farm just past the new Hurling field in Carrick but think this is another place.

Before they only purchased the very best, now it’s anything half middling, before long, they’ll be buying 80 acres in Kilcommon.

1 Like

Spot on…

Anything actually goes now.

1 Like

Mother or daughter? Joesph’s place or another yard?

A lot of greed, there is also the belief/reality that the pollen from oil seed rape flower can cause respiratory issues in horses.
Some studs pay off their neighbours to not plant any but I suppose it’s easier for Coolmore to just buy all the land instead.

Magnier is secretly a green party activist and getting rid of thousands of belching cattle.

Ana is the daughter. Its in Ballyrichard right on the edge of Carrick.

Completely separate to Joseph in Piltown.

Donnacha obviously has Bawnmore near Goolds Cross.

Aidan’s other daughter was working in the Equine Hospital in Fethard.

@carryharry what’s the story with Ronan’s/Enfer these days.

I remember that was a fierce contentious issue way back when between them and Ballydoyle.

They’ve sown plenty of it locally.

Haven’t a clue, aren’t Coolmore farming the land just outside Rosegreen there now?

Probably.

Once the incinerator thingy never got off the ground it was inevitable Coolmore would eventually buy it up.

Is it time to outlaw Horsey folk from owning land in Ireland?

Is this the play too - to stop any local landowner going the incinerator route?

I guess its an added advantage alright.

Anyone able to do the deed?