To All of the Forum

The only statement that comes close to this was made by Seanna Walsh.

From Fulvio

Dear forum members,

Yesterday evening, I discovered to my amazement I had been banned from the forum. The official line given was the following

“No constructive purpose to their actions other than create dissent within the community”

My first thought was interesting choice of words. Dissent, interesting. Dissent from what though? Dissent because I called out a few hypocrites who like to pedal nasty agendas, I was banned for what exactly, pointing out that those who were screaming loudest about Ukraine were silent on Yemen and Palestine – dissent? Yesterday Chairman made some highly racist derogatory terms against muslims, not his first use of the term “towel heads” – no action taken. Islamophobia – accepted, racism – accepted. Dissent, how dare you.

But let us not kid ourselves that this decision has any merit or consistency or rationale, it’s deeply person. Rocko has fallen more into his little dictator mode in recent years. Banning and restricting posters without any communication or indication of what rule they breached. His neurotic, autocratic personality is worsening. His problem with me is that I would not let his Lawwell/Lennon stance lie, I would not let him forget him arrogantly telling myself and Flatty we didn’t know what we were talking about and I reminded me that his arrogance would not allow him run away from that while I was a presence on this forum. I was a constant source of embarrassment, the poster who had his posting rights restricted yet was more powerful than the moderator of the forum.

And last night, we pressed the nuclear button. Not only that but he even went so far as to delete threads to cover up for Sid and his doxxing. The J’accuse thread is now gone, check it for yourselves, deleted – ask yourself why? In whose interest is it gone? Sid remains, his racist, islamophobic multi account Chairman Dan remains free to slur muslims with racist terms like “towelheads”. Some of you who were hit or restricted from racism threads with no explanation will scratch your heads on that but know that “towelhead” is not only tolerated but protected.

I don’t like being censored, I don’t like being told I’m not allowed to save an arrogant dickhead the embarrassment of showing how wrong they were and how their ego doesn’t have the humility to recognise it. This time I won’t be returning because I don’t do being put on a leash and I know I won’t last long. You can all ask yourselves if you’re comfortable and happy with Sid and his one thousand retweets of fellow headbangers, his disgusting remarks to Art Foley, his doxxing and his islamophobic parody account. You can ask yourself if you’re happy with bannings of HBV, myself and restricting the likes of Glenshane. You can ask yourself if you are comfortable with being part of an official narrative and dissent not being tolerated, what grouping of people don’t tolerate dissent? Fascists. The forum tolerates islamophobia though and doxxing, it tolerates people goading other posters about their wife’s cancer but not dissent – very important to get your priorities right.

At the end of the day its Rocko’s baby and he can do with his forum as he wants, the fact that he decides to run it with petulance and deleting threads to protect the nastiest poster on the site is his decision too but seeing as he does this in a sleekit way I feel it worthy of shining a light on.

I wished to get that off my chest. I would like to finish on a very positive note, I have had a wonderful time on the forum, shared some great debates and discussions with you guys throughout the years. With the vast majority of you I shared testy exchanges at different stages but bar a handful of probably 3 or 4 posters I thought the world of you, some whom might consider me a mortal enemy might actually be surprised to hear I held nothing personal over and what happened in a debate happened in a debate.

Too many posters to single out but I’d first of all like to pay homage to The Selfish Giant, the man who brought me to this site, a loyal and true friend throughout. Ebeneezer Goode a great man, noble, fierce, the type of person who I’d never question his principles. Laz, the moral compass of the forum, the reference point for me if I was on the side of right and wrong.

I argued with 95% of posters on this forum, that’s probably conservative. I think some people got me and some people never got me. I wasn’t the type to hold grudges or carry things over, I was the type of guy who could be at odds with one poster on one thread and backing up on another. Others just got bogged down in pettiness if I disagreed with them on one poster. The forum has lost its greatest debater, a Bob Radcliffe Cup winner and I say that as a humble man, I have lost a litany of great rivals, friends and entertainment but life must go on. Rocko does provide a great forum for you and I see why some of you will not rock the boat, I understand.

I was very disappointed in the petulance he displayed and most of all in the sleekit backhanded way he did away with me. I wanted a soldiers death but I was stabbed in the back, no proper address to say goodbye, done away in a sleekit, weasely way.

I shared an All Ireland and European Championship win with you last year and that was a nice way to sign things off.

I wish you all many happy years of posting.

Fulvio.

UP THE DISSENTERS.

21 Likes

Good riddance to the tosser.

6 Likes

We need a mediator here. We can’t afford to lose fulvio.

2 Likes

The J’accuse thread is still there :man_shrugging:

Good luck, :+1:

Much love Fulvio. Hopefully you will be back. The last few days of your brief return was entertaining.

Cheasty isn’t chairman Dan is he?

We will see you again Comrade Fulvio. But not yet,…not yet.

3 Likes

A most entertaining poster. Farewell Fulvio, best of luck with the house building project.

6 Likes

Fly high Fulvio

We could all do with spending less time in here.

2 Likes

Bullet points please

3 Likes

Also, this was a swift first act @briantinnion - great to see a moderator who isn’t afraid to make the difficult decisions quickly

5 Likes

Was about to ask the same.

He’s the neediest forumite we ever had here. And that’s saying something

1 Like

:zipper_mouth_face:

Big Hands Knows

960 words to say goodbye, when ultimately, this is the only line that matters.

If nothing else, he leaves the forum without ever having lost a debate. a 100% debating record is not to be sniffed at.

7 Likes

Big Hands Knows

Il Duce @Rocko eh? Tut tut

My favourite bit… its a pity such an accomplished ironer had an aversion to new shirts.

Good night sweet prince… for a while anyway. We’ll welcome you back as always. And we’ll tolerate your shite, as no other forum would. You were lots of things, mostly strange things, but you were never boring, except when you were spamming threads, which was most of the time. But the initial post was usually amusing. Tyrone meant more for me last year because of you. Where there’s hope, there’s life, so i sincerely hope we get a new itslian nordie in the coming weeks or months. Ciao, y grazie.

18 Likes

Id like to see @Rocko and @briantinnion on Joe Rogan to discuss the latest events

11 Likes

I wouldn’t be very interested in what they have to say but I’d listen to a 4-hour conversation about it all the same.

12 Likes