Tom Brady - On Tablet watch

Nonsense, they went 11-5 as @maroonandwhite states. That they didnā€™t make the playoffs was pretty much a fluke. He is worth 2/3 wins a year, but their success is about Bill Belichick.

Irish Patriots fans are bloody gas, football was invented in 2001. :joy:

How dare you question Tomas Brady from county Boshton.

Usi Uminora constantly says on BBC that anyone could win with Belichik and that Tom is criminally overrated. Iā€™ve always held the view heā€™s completely overrated. Not in the conversation as far as Manning or Rogers are concerned and Iā€™ll repeat again Drew Brees even has a better arm.

1 Like

A snippet of what Iā€™ve read about belichick before, heā€™s obsessed with tight end based offences, I know McDaniels runs it but its billā€™s philosophy. And itā€™s not like he abandoned the ideal, Aaron turned out to be a murderous paranoid psychopath, he essentially has being trying to recreate it since, e.g. with Bennett this year but gronk is crocked. If youā€™re blaming others for the losses why not give credit for the wins where due, Vinatieri, very telling tom didnā€™t have to find the end zone just to get them into field goal range and let Adam win it.

:joy:

Who were the tight ends for the 3 Superbowls won in the patriots first 3 wins?

I wasnā€™t blaming others for losses, but how on one hand can you say a defensive play won one Superbowl but the QB lost the other 2. You canā€™t have it both ways.

Nice snide comment Tim. :clap:

He has more wins than any other QB to play the game, kid. The myth of him being a scheme QB is long disproved, the few times heā€™s had deep weapons heā€™s been more than happy to go long and spread it about. Further to setting the TD to Int record toady, and most winning QB ever, he is now fourth in yards over taking Marinoā€¦ With Floydā€™s TD today Tom is also catching up an another record as he has thrown TDs to 65 different receiversā€¦ The man just finds a wayā€¦ The record is 70.

Itā€™s funny how despite the Pats losing assistant after assistant and despite them missing Brady for nearly a whole year and multiple games this year - that they keep winning.

He meets his QBs multiple times a week. He goes and taps the likes of Urban Meyer in the off season. He goes out and drafts/signs certain types of players for his evolving offense - i.e. Moss and Welker in 07 when he decided to copy a lot of the Flordia offense. No doubt about Josh McDaniels chops as an offensive mind, but the idea put forward by @Gman regarding BB and offense is just so laughable.

So you think butler didnt beat the Seahawks, brady did. Ohhhh k. I examine each game on its merits pal. As all the Giants d said before the second superbowl, and backed it up,brady imagines pressure thats not there. He had drops but missed receivers badly too, especially down the field. Not to mention the safety which was fairly panicked. I dont get how any criticism is just not allowed by the oirish faithful, when its so commonly put forward by others.

Itā€™s factual. The amount of Irish Patriots fans are gas, and they all think Tom Brady is the greatest thing to walk the earth. I do quite like the guy and he is top 5 all time for sure given his record, but BB would have won multiple Super Bowls in the last 15 years without him. He is just that good a coach and GM.

Sure the year after cassel won 11 games tom only won 10ā€¦with the same teamā€¦ Lads see brady hit welker or edelman wide open with a 7 yard quick slant while the defense is transfixed on gronk and others and think wow, brady works his magic again.

Of course criticism can be accepted. Iā€™m not sure why you and Tim are going on about the views of Irish fans tho.

You said Butler won the last Superbowl and Brady lost the giants two. I countered if the defence did what they should have, then they wouldnā€™t have lost to the Giants. Why if Butler won it can it not be said Samuel or Harrison lost it for easier plays?

Iā€™ve never said Brady is flawless. Iā€™ve previously said on here that other players on pure skill level are better. Sometimes tho its not always about skill level of being a gun slinger and itā€™s about reading the defence and exploiting whatā€™s there and playing to yours and the teams ability.

At the end of it all itā€™s purely opinions on unmeasured factors. With no proper TV coverage here up until the mid to late 90s, it would be foolish to try and comment on players from before then.

Tis is a fact regarding Brady and pressure;

Itā€™s hardly a secret that pressure is Bradyā€™s Kryptonite ā€” the leagueā€™s been trying to re-create the Giantsā€™ Super Bowl XLII game plan for years. But while every quarterback sees a dramatic decline in performance with onrushing defenders in his face, Brady is especially susceptible to their deleterious effects. Since 2009, the average QB sees a 61-point dip in Total Quarterback Rating when pressured, compared with unpressured plays. Bradyā€™s QBR, however, dropped 75 points over that span while under pressure ā€” the third-biggest drop-off of any qualified QB, trailing only Philip Rivers and Drew Brees.

The Pats won Super Bowls in the early 2000s with fantastic defense.

Now I do like Brady. He has won with multiple wide out sets and a couple of years where they were pretty brutal (06 he was very impressive with very little to pass to). He is top 5 for sure, but some of the shit talked about him over the years is pretty funny. When Manning was being hounded in the playoffs by the Pats/Steelers defenses and Brady just had to execute a simple gameplan, he was lauded as the most clutch QB of all time. When the Pats game became more focused on Brady/offense, and teams started hounding him in the playoffs (Giants x 2, Broncos, Ravens) and his game fell off, itā€™s someone elseā€™s fault.

So Belichick does the offensive play calling on game days? I made a comment in Direct response to the play calls in games.

This is what you said. Donā€™t try and run from it. Itā€™s utter tosh and is laughable. He doesnā€™t call the offensive plays? Wow, how weird for a head coach. :laughing:

Thats arguably the most reasoned response from a pats fan on here. Skill wise he certainly isnt the greatest, arm us middling enough which im sure youd concede. His height and calmness does help him pick out the open receivers that are schemed for him, and his win total alone means he deserves to be seen as a great, that took a lot of ability and mental strength. But swop teams for him and peyton for example at the start of their careers and i dont think this debate would be even happening.

Iā€™m not running from anything. Belichick is a defensive mind and focuses more on that. Of course he is involved in the offence. In the context of what I posted, it was in response to plays in a game. Taken away from that context, it looks as if Iā€™m saying he has nothing to do with any offence. Of course thatā€™s silly. Every head coach is involved in the 3 sectors of the team. But McDaniels has the control of the play and plans for the offence far more than Belichick. Belichick is the GM so the recruitment of players is on him too. That too plays a part and fits into Belichicks preferred style of play. Ultimately tho the calls in the game are on McDaniels and Brady.

Ifs and buts. Who knows what players suit coaches. Drew bledsoe was a better player than Brady but his work with Belichick wasnā€™t anything spectacular.

Glad to see youve now come to your senses