Tom Brady - On Tablet watch

Is this season Brady’s greatest ever achievement? Taking one of the worst teams in the NFL to the play -offs and only for Gronk falling on his hole against Miami, they would be there as the No.1 seed in the AFC … The worst D in Patriots history … No receivers and he’s been playing with an MCL injury … all at 41 …

In all seriousness, that’s some going.

He’s not finished yet, bro.

Far from it — Lost his left tackle and the OL is very average… Lost Danny and Cooks at the start of the year and Gordon came and went … it’s a very bad team overall and the fact he still has them at No.2 is an unbelievable achievement.

Pats have 12 draft picks next year - plus a number of injuries to come back. If Bill can work it to sort the OL out and some bit of a pass rush we are back in business.

Gronk is done after this season tho.

History will be far harsher on Bradys achievements than they are currently viewed. Shit division his entire playing career where the Patriots are guaranteed 5/6 wins every season, 2 lost Superbowls to Eli, spygate, deflategate.

1 Like

Win and it’s the team - lose and it’s Brady :grinning:

Eli is the luckiest QB to ever play the game - we all know about the hail marys and flukey catches ---- Brady couldnt throw and catch the ball himself. (A bit like now)

Everyone in the football world has accepted that deflate nonsense was nothing but a stitch up. Dont be playing the stupid card there, you’re better than that …

You can say what you want about his regular season stats — what do his play- off stats say? stop now please.

You mean Bill.

Also lost defensive coach too,

Bill fucked Miami up … Bill’s D is atrocious. Some very bad coaching calls this year … and last year in fact. The loss against the Eagles was on the sideline.

The evidence shows that when BB’s Patriots have missed Brady since 2001 they have barely missed a beat. Coaching is the major factor, always has been.

3 Likes

What year did Brady miss due to ACL? I think they had gone 16-0 the year before … how did they go that year?

They went 11-5 and still missed the play offs, very unlucky.

No they won 11 games when the Patriots defense was in the course of major flux - Vrabel, Bruschi, Seymour and Harrison would be in their last years with the Pats with 3 of them in their mid 30s. Samuels was out. I don’t know when you started to follow the Pats but you need to know your franchise’s history.

In comparison, Peyton Manning’s Colts went from a playoff team to the number one pick in the league after he went down.

When Rodgers went down last year, the Packers went from a 4-1 record and the previous years Conference game to mediocre.

So they finished 2nd in the division behind the fucking Dolphins and didnt make the play- offs ?? — Your man claimed that without Brady the Patriots barely missed a beat — the only season they havent won the AFC or made the play - offs while Brady has been there…

There’s no one doubting Bill here, but let’s get real - over the last 6/7 years it has been Brady that has got them over the line… he has been able to paper over the cracks, the lack of receivers, the poor D, the shite OL. He has played with shite around him for years and turned it to gold. Including this year - as they are one of the worst NFL teams around but he has delivered despite everything else and being injured. He’d have them at no.1 seed only for woeful management from Bill down in Miami.

In fairness Brady was just as culpable in Miami with two botched drives one in which he took a very avoidable sack which put them out of FG range.

He also put them in FG range and it was missed.

Either way once one or both leave the Patriots will be in for a decent length of rebuilding but as mentioned due to the state of the rest of their division they will continue to be always within reach of a play off place. Kilkenny in Leinster if you will!

It’s what I’ve been saying for years. Would Brady have led that packers team to a sb or that colts team? I don’t believe so. I also believe Rogers or Peyton would have won at least the amount of rings playing under Bill at New England

Bill had 1 winning season out of 5 with the Browns. Went 4-12 I think in his first year at NE ---- was 0-2 in the next until Brady walked into his life. Brady always finds a way … Bill still cant stop multi- dimensional offenses - He made a show of himself in the SB last year while Brady put up the best QB stats in a SB ever. Bill may have won superbowls, but not 5, not without Brady. You could argue it as follows - that the first 3 were on Bill … since about 2010-2011 it’s all been on Brady - he’s had to carry the whole franchise and has done it.

Situations are different (and Cleveland was hugely different, particularly that last year) and coaches develop, not unlike Brady developing from being a game manager to a MVP.

Easily. McCarthy is one of the biggest jokes in the league, why on earth the Cardinals have talked about giving him personnel control is beyond me. His in game coaching is absolutely dreadful.