Tom Brady - On Tablet watch

Bill is a Defensive coach — he had a very solid D up to around 2010 and most of the success up to then was on the D … TB12 has carried the franchise for a long time now, no one can doubt that. His performances against Seattle 4th quarter, against Falcons second half and against the Eagles were all immense. As good as there has been … I’m not denigrating Bill, he’s the GOAT, but I dont think you can argue against Brady carrying the whole thing for the last number of years either … Bill was able to get away with having a poor team because of TB12. I think anyone that’s stuck to the mantra of it being all Bill or throwing out the ‘system’ shite haven’t a scooby do what they are on about.

At the end of the day, no matter how well you prepare a team it’s the players who execute — the current Patriots team are woeful and a one legged 41 year old QB has still got it done despite the supporting cast and some bad play calling.

Will you leave that fisherman alone ffs.

I know well what the cunt is at… but it’s first day back in the office…

He is the man who picks the players who come onto the roster and is a hellova lot more than defensive. I thought you followed the Pats?

Let’s look since 2010/11 when you said:

2011; lost at home to Mark Sanchez’s Jets, against an excellent defense. Not a high scoring game.
2012; lost to Eli Manning’s Giants, against an excellent defense. Brady with the ball to end the game and fails. Not a high scoring game.
2013; lost at home to Joe Flacco’s Ravens, again an excellent defense. Not a high scoring game.
2014; lost away to Manning’s Broncos, another excellent defense. Not a high scoring game.
2015; Super Bowl win. Brady does what he has to do, the defense win the game. Not a high scoring game.
2016; lost away to Manning’s Broncos, another excellent defense. Not a high scoring game, Brady has the ball to win the game.
2017; Super Bowl, all credit here. A great second half comeback- the Falcons did have a meltdown however.
2018: lost Super Bowl. A high scoring affair, Brady still had his chances to win it.

A few things to note here, the Pats can’t win on the road. Brady lost some games against some poor to average QBs (Sanchez, Flacco, Eli and Peyton’s last year where his shoulder was hanging off). In the majority of games, the games were not high scoring, meaning the defense did a good job.

:rofl:

Stop.

Wow

Beat vikings bears chiefs colts teaxans packers,

Packers :rofl: Vikings :smile:

His own interpretation of the games are the best bit - Brady with the ball and fails — Brady does what he has to ---- Brady has the ball to win etc .etc :rofl:

A post to bookmark.

tenor

Of course he leaves out everything i’ve been arguing - that it was Brady got them their in the first place. No mention of the sub-standard supporting cast — Welker holds the ball and Brady beats the Giants … his 4th quarter against the Seahawks, one of the best modern Defenses, was immense - but he does what he has to do according to Tmothy… The AFC game away to Broncos where he had no OL and was battered all over the field but still drove them down the park and nearly robbed the Broncos… Ah, good old Tim.

Just realistic pal.

In only one of those games did the opposition score over 30 points, the high scoring Pats should be putting up that many points a tad more.

You’re talking play-off football — Defenses come to town to play — Brady’s lack of talent around him is shown up at this time of year, but that’s the whole point , he still gets them to the brink despite this handicap or he goes on to do it. The loss of Talib and Chung in 2012/13 against the Ravens was huge — turned the game and the D couldnt get off the field if I remember correctly… Welker with another big drop I think.

No other QB would have led this years Pats to the play-offs. Not a hope.

is it 71 different receivers he has hit with over 500 regular season TD passes? a lot of them complete no marks? by god …

THE GOAT.

In the games I mentioned Brady only went over 100 in QB rating twice, in the Seahawks SB and Eagles one. One of those was the Seahawks in the Super Bowl. Fair enough that Brady got some points on the board in the second half but he had thrown two interceptions already. It was the defense that kept them in the game and ultimately one it for them.

Iirc the Ravens game Brady was absolutely dreadful. He threw 2 picks and had a miserable rating. You mention two defensive players lost as the reason, how interesting. The Ravens still mustered less than 250 yards passing.

The simple fact is that the majority of losses are down to Brady not playing very well. There was only two games there where Brady had to launch a serious comeback (Falcons) one had to go toe to toe with a high powered offensive performance (Eagles).

Listen I give Brady a lot of credit, but you’re talking through your hole on BB.

1 Like

QB rating is it? Were the Pats not 10 down in the 4th quarter?? and he turned it around with 2 TD drives — the D did what it had to do you mean … Brady took some savage hits against Seattle but still stood up and drove them down the field to put them in the lead. Give over you langer.

They were 10 points down, after Brady had thrown two INTs. Wilson had not thrown any. Brady did his bit no question, but was mediocre up till then and lucky that the defense held the Seahawks out after those errors. The defense then ultimately won the game.

I’m just stating the reality, BB’s defenses more often than not turn up. Sometimes BB’s offenses don’t because Brady can’t adapt to playing away from home and against a good pass rush. He will do very well when a team like the Falcons shit the bed in the second half and drop back into zone coverage.

You’re a gas man, Tim… I’ll be back on at 7.05am in the morning to continue.

two Grown men arguing over their favourite professional athlete is very cute