Tom Brady - On Tablet watch

Reasonable debate has been engaged with many times before but then you get his haters coming in saying Bill would have done the same with any QB, so what’s the point? It’s been conceded that other QBs have better arms or ability to get out of the pocket etc but for mental toughness, for reading opposition D and will to win he’s the best… The marvel of Tom is that despite being slow, gangly and awkward he wins. You can talk about pressure all you like but the guy takes punishment… He was continuously nailed last year and still found a way most games. Despite being nearly murdered in Denver he still almost took it to overtime which would have been some achievement.

Glad I could clarify the point. I wouldn’t like to look stubborn and foolish over a miscommunication on the internet.

I also don’t have the patience to argue for hours on end either

Not with any qb, but with a tall talented one cough joe flacco cough cough he might have had similar success. Toms gangliness ie height is one of his biggest attributes. Hes a lanky cunt meaning he can see the receivers break and in fairness hit them very well in stride. Brees has a better arm but youd never take him over brady.

Oh it’s his height what done it not Bill. Ok.

1 Like

Sorry this is what you said, clear as day;

You are trying to claim you didn’t mean it now as you’ve been caught out.

Of course BB is more defensive minded, but the impression you tried to give people with the quote above is far detached from reality. Head Coaches who call plays are usually dust in the league, there is too much going on to be doing it all, so it isn’t revolutionary. BB doesn’t call most plays for the Pats on both sides of the ball, of course he’s consulted and defense is his primary expertise BB takes an unusual amount of responsibility on both sides of the ball for any coach. He is one of the few HCs with total personnel responsibility. He signed Randy Moss, Wes Welker et al. He drafted Gronk. He drafted those offensive linemen. He has assumed the offensive coordinator duties himself on occasions (whilst obviously having an offensive coordinator).

At every juncture, when the Pats lose people, they barely miss a beat.

• Scott Pioli leaves the front office to go to KC and people say BB will miss his expertise, little changes.
  • Charlie Weis, Josh McDaniels and Bill O’Brien leave as offensive coordinators, little changes.
  • Romeo Crennel, Eric Mangini leave, little changes.
  • Tom Brady goes down or is suspended, very little changes.

What’s interesting about all of those guys is despite going to a variety of places (from top colleges, to other NFL jobs) and different roles, most haven’t done great at all. The ones there earlier in his career (like Saban), have done the best.

A combination of the two really.

That’s absolutely all true. However on the flip side on Brady’s part is you can say he lost all his top receivers at some point, branch, Welker, Moss, gronkowski etc as well as his offensive coach but still keeps churning out similar stats and results. People will argue who is more responsible for their success for years. IMO it’s more likely a combination of both. You also need to factor in the role Bob Kraft too in how he has run the organisation too. It’s like a holy Trinity.

I do agree with his performances during the likes of 2006 and he has lost some big players over the years.

He’s top 5 for sure, I just think a bit overrated and not the best for me.

I rate coaching/front office as more important and for me BB is the GOAT here, which is what I base this off.

1 Like

NFL post season stats.

Passing yards

Brady: 7,957
Leader: Brady

Pass completions

Brady: 738

Touchdown passes

Brady: 56

Wins

Brady: 22

When the going gets tough…

2 Likes

:heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Are you watching Aron Rodgers? Fucking clowns shitting on about him like he’s some kind of God then around here of course.

Rodgers is sublime - can do great things - A gun slinger if you will - Brady is the sheriff tho… And he has rode his horse Chris Hogan all the way to the Superbowl while Rodgers was shot down in an alley.

Jumped up PJ salesman

Paul Pierce ‏@paulpierce34 9h9 hours ago

Matt Ryan vs the :goat: :joy::joy::joy:pats baby let’s get this

Unless the pressure of the occasion gets to the Falcons, you’d imagine it is Tom that is up against it here.

1 Like

If he plays - Brady will have played in 14% of every Superbowl thats ever been. Minus the year he was out injured in 2008 - Brady has made the Super Bowl 47% of the time he’s played…

Its handy when your defense can make a stop and get short field position for offense on occasion. Patriots are number 1 on points allowed in defense. Also when you have a coach like Belichick instead of McCarthy that helps too.

There’s no doubting it - Bill and Tom together are formidable. Rodger’s is phenomenal but the position is about a whole lot more than just making crazy plays.

I think Brady is the best QB of all time. It is indisputable really. Rodgers is only just 33 so maybe he might enter the discussion if he can manage to get another ring or 2 before he retires. You need to have the success to go with the performances in order to be relevant and enter the discussion of all time greats. Peyton Manning only had one ring for much of his career before the Broncos D earned him another one. It was a milestone around his neck for years that his brother Eli had one more than him.

Green Bay without Rodgers would be the Jags.

No run game and no defense. They would at best be a 4-12 team

2 Likes

That is being disingenuous to the Jags.

Mike McCarthy is the luckiest NFL coach ever, Rodgers is so good it makes him bulletproof.