Tom Humphries thread

This is outstanding from Ewan. Very calculated.

Fuck sake Joe, leave Ewan going.

WOOOOO…

This lad speaking convicted of murder.

What a fucking episode of Liveline

This is box-office radio.

Mugs of tea dropped all over the country when the lad said he was in for murder and started to explain himself. Office is glued to it here.

What was the gist of it for those of us that don’t work in a hairdressers or drive taxis?

33 Likes

Does liveline get podcasted?

I heard terrible tings about them podcasts joe.

3 Likes

Yerra we shut down the pc’ss for a while and listened to two FOTFs

The judge remarked how it is hard not to feel sorry for Tom Humphries.

That is an incredible thing to say!

I’ve only skimmed it but isn’t it typical that newspapers would run that sort of biographical feature in the aftermath of a high profile conviction?

Ah here

She said the higher the profile and success of someone in our society, the greater the fall.

I would have thought the profile of the perpetrator is pretty irrelevant.

‘All I am going to say is, I know a damn sight more about it than most people and I believe Tom is a fine man, and in the end that will come out and people will understand he is a fine man.’

David Walsh, 2012

Is this the most high profile criminal conviction in recent times here?

Sadly yes — If we had any competent politicians a number of high profile bastards should have been on trial for financial crimes over the last few years but we don’t put in for that kind of thing here.

Should be on the listen back function on RTE.

‘On the charge of sexual exploitation, the maximum sentence possible is life in prison but considering the mitigating circumstances in the case I am giving three years’

Karen O’Connor, Judge

he is a GGA man FFS

what do you expect?