Tommy Tiernan

I’ll leave it there so.

1 Like

They should have given Eamo the full hour.

1 Like

That was class. Tommy mentioned in the podcast that each interview is the bones of an hour. I’d love to see the unedited version.

Tubs would never get an interview like that in 50 years.

3 Likes

Eamon Dunphy is a legend. His ability to knock himself , not take himself so seriously and how open he is, made him I think.

Great man. Been great value over the years.

1 Like

Definitely. Barely scratched the surface there

Tommy and Eamon would be great men on here. They’d also be welcome additions to the Kult of Klopp.

If Eamon was playing in this current era and a regular at Milwall he’d probably be in Stephen Kenny’s Ireland team.

Out with it

Nothing more beautiful than an early house, very true.

2 Likes

Dunphy was a far better player than he says he was .

I didn’t see the interview but was there anything new ?? His story is well told at this stage .

Tommy tying himself up in knots here.

agreed 23 caps a decent haul, the way he talks about himself, u d swear he won 5 or 6

Eamon was like Tommy Tiernan when he was on the last word. He let guests talk.

During the Good Friday negotiations he talked to everyone but let them speak. Martin McGuinness, David Irvine, Ken Maginnis. It was brilliant radio and you’d look forward to the journey home. He was brilliant.

The current crop of radio presenters just want to interrupt or shout, mostly anyone from SF down and just let the main stream party guests waffle crap. I find it hard to listen to any radio now.

Dunphy had Colm Toibin on one night before the England v Argentina World Cup game. Toibin was talking about Argentina. Jesus I remember thinking it was the best radio I have ever heard. I don’t think Cooper, Newstalk or Rte could get that now. Dunphy let him speak. It was unreal.

It’s a pity there wasn’t podcasts back then,

20 Likes

For a few years the Last Word was compelling radio

Like you said plenty of time was given to segments and he had guests who would not really be heard on RTE at the time.

4 Likes

Two grand girls here, pure fucking cracked too.

3 Likes

I missed the start of it but he was emotional about his mother love and discussed his late night antics at the end of a month of hard work. What age would he have been when he was frequenting these nightclubs like Lilly’s?:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Tommy struggling to get a word in :joy:

2 Likes

Tommy is having great craic with them. What’s their story?missed the start of that interview too.

I think they’re singers, not sure. They’re not involving Tommy in the conversation too much.

Your one on the right is the one who did the recent N17 cover.

Eamon with great wisdom earlier. Said that women who complain about their man watching football/soccer haven’t much to complain about as men could be getting up to much worse.

1 Like