Tommy Tiernan

Duxie Walsh

Tysons last 2 fights, stopped by Danny Williams and finally by Kevin Mcbride :weary:

DAwn run in 84 and 86

Grand Brighton Hotel

2 Likes

The Gold Cup was big alright, no horse in my lifetime captured the public imagination like Dawn Run did that year,
But the Champion Hurdle meant nothing to non horsey people

Was an epic few days. Great drama when he pretty much fought himself into contention in the mountains and collapsed with the effort of it all needing oxygen. Fantastic stuff.

1 Like

“Delgado has slipped Stephe Roche. Who is that rider. That looks like Roche. That looks like Stephen Roche”

Lovely touch from Roy to find time to pen those words before he commences his days drinking

16 Likes

:joy::joy:

From 1:52 in. I actually got tingles and chills when I watched it back there. Legendary comeback from Roche!

1 Like

He was juiced to his eyeballs

2 Likes

You’re juiced up to the eyeballs.

Is Roy Curtis any relation to the chap who had a basketball tournament named after him? Not a very common name

No that’s the other Roy Curtis.

His father fronted a showband called the Skyrockets back in the 60’s.
He was called Pat McGeegan then, a cocky wee fucker.

1 Like

Speaking of showbands, my Mam was telling me recently about the death by a car accident of Tom Dunphy in Drumsna, Co Leitrim from Brendan Bowyer’s band in the mid 70s, only a couple of weeks after the Miami Showband massacre.

A mad time for the industry.

Y’only hearing that news now……Come to think of it it’s possibly before the majority of lads here were born. T’was a massive hot sunny evening and the word was he got blinded by the evening sun ( wan of those rare sunny days in Leitrim).
Hope your Mam is well on the mend….

She is buddy thanks.

We are very lucky. My wife’s aunt dropped dead before Christmas at 64. Tough.

2 Likes

Jesus did Gabriel really need to tell the whole fucking story of Oisin and Tir na nOg to make the point

1 Like