Tonight's TV - Continuation of earlier drivel

100%

That Moran wide :cry:

1 Like

Coughlan acting the cunt all day

He will be under pressure and watched closely for the rest of his career after that show .

Bet their way to 6 in a row.

Thats as good a show as RTE have made.

How do they make such a bollox out of the live games when they can do that?

Very enjoyable hour. Horgan a top ref. Did a great job.

2 Likes

The GAA is box office. Great show. Could have had the last few seconds of the Waterford radio commentary to provide a stark counter balance to the euphoria.

Was just saying here wouldn’t the refs mic being available to RTE for all games cut out a lot of the guess work in the analysis during and after games

2 Likes

That was good stuff. When you see how passionate the referees are about getting it right you would have to have respect for them I remember seeing a similar program with David Coldrick a few years ago and feeling the same way

1 Like

I told you he’d see ye right.

3 Likes

Very cool headed. Nice easy going manner. Exactly what’s needed on AI sunday

1 Like

Fergal came out of that very well. Only blemish really was the last throw ball which he may as well have handed to Canning. :grin::grin::see_no_evil:

1 Like

Was a game changer in the rugby anyway. Need a lot of trust between refs and media I guess. Does that exist in GAA? Certainly any mistake horgan might have made would be seen in different light based on my listening to his interactions anyway he was very much in control

Tbf, Fergal has plenty of common sense because he played to a reasonable standard.
But, as we all heard he got lots of help from his team via his hear piece. As he said himself he had 3 club men as umpires one a club ref and the other umpire a club ref from a neighboring parish.

I have great admiration for what Fergal has achieved tbh as he was a fair head case when he was younger.

1 Like

Always a good start. He spoke to the players like he was their equal. Not their boss.

What has he achieved? Being a ref in the 12th most popular sport in Ireland?

That Tipp minor team produced an all Ireland referee and a football all star .

He has a job, pal. I can’t really overstate the achievement that is considering his early promise. You must take into account he enjoyed playing in goals.

Thanks for that mundane stat.

Telling Dan to get off the pitch. :smile: