Tonight's TV - Continuation of earlier drivel

A devoted husband and father.

Theirs an interesting sounding (new) documentary on RTE1 later called Fairytale of New York to celebrate 30 years of that song

Bullshit song bullshit songwriter bullshit people involved in every facet of that song and its production. Bullshit documentary. , total and utter bullshit.

2 Likes

It’s hard to look at Shane McGowan in the state he’s in.

1 Like

He’s been like that for 30 fucking years.

Not quite as bad. His head is more deformed than ever and he’s missing half an ear lobe. I saw him play live in DCU in 2002 and at least then he could function, albeit with 3 bottles of gin in him before he went on stage. He was such a visionary that he was on the gin wagon long before it became fashionable

1 Like

Back in the day Shane McGowan played a gig when I was in college. 15 odd years ago.

He was drinking pint glasses of vodka. The chap could barely stand on stage. Sad now thinking back about it. Great night at the time though, especially when he puked at one point on a couple of people in the front row.

1 Like

:open_mouth:

1 Like

I really enjoyed that Fairytale of New York programme. I’m very emotional.

3 Likes

This was daycent. The Pogue’s were a sight to behold in their Hay Day.

Was it the night he showed up over an hour late in Dolan’s and nobody knew if he was coming or not till he showed up and the place went bananas, what a night.
It is tough to see him now, what a songwriter, stone cold genius.

1 Like

Over the Top is on Ch 148 now.

Some great carols from Dublin castle on now

I saw the Pogues in the Bridge Hotel in Waterford in 1985. They were at the absolute peak of their powers and it was an outstanding show. I was having a pint in Downes a pub around the corner before the show and Shane McGowan was asleep in front of the fire.

8 Likes

Just watching Angela’s Christmas, beautifully animated, very nicely done.

Mary Kennedy is a great broadcaster, she’s carrying this carols from the castle programme.

Watching the carols on +1. Robert Mizzell makes some weird faces when he’s singing

Just flicked on to get Holy Night, a beast of a song, ah Christmas is great.

Your one made a balls of it.

4 Likes

She was better seen not heard

2 Likes