Tonight's TV - Continuation of earlier drivel

Was there any explanation as to why he took a spear on stage.

Magnificent beard alright

Best interviewer on TV at the moment. His timing is excellent, will let the guest tell their story without interrupting and trying to shoehorn in some pre-prepared question.

2 Likes

Yep, I always thought he was a bit if a dick but he has genuine empathy towards his guests. He looked moved by Dempsey’s song

He was awful with Dempsey I thought. Got real uncomfortable when talking about the herbal weed and awkwardly made a joke about it before changing the subject to something far more asinine like how often would you practice…

Sweep sweep o Sullivan on Pat Kenny

Was just watching Tommy tiernan interview that Damian Dempsey there. Two lads prompting each other about the auld depression. Apparently they both have it the craturs.
Very awkward interview full of awkward silences. Cringe television.
You suffer the auld ‘black dog’ yourself tommy . I do Damian. How do you deal with it tommy. I don’t know how do you deal with it Damian. I jump in the sea tommy.
That kind of aul reluctant small talk filled wirh silences and no eye contact

I didn’t find the Tiernan, Dempsey interview awkward at all. It’s unscripted so there is bound to be a few silences. Gimme an odd silence over Ray Darcy’s incessant babble any day. Tommy is really good at this stuff and he is making it up as he goes.

2 Likes

Yatesy and one of the Healy Rae’s having a few serious cuts off each other here. Matt Cooper doesn’t know what to say or do.

I concur I think the Tommy Tiernan show is superb also, it has a great natural feel to it and he has really found his niche. He’s done as a stand up comedian but brilliant with this format.

Derry Girls is going nicely for him

Dempsey is a fraud. You feel like stabbing your ears when he sings.

The Young Offenders is on RTÉ 2 tonight.

Season 2 confirmed already.

The film was alright

There’s lads with piles who have less of a pain in their hole than there is suffering through Darcy interviewing these two.

Sean Halpin is an insufferable cunt

1 Like

Meee Hawwwwwl Muckyheartstick knows everything about everyone. He strikes me as having the same expense manager as Micko.

2 Likes

Why are you watching it?

Mrs Mac has the remote and she thinks Meeee Hawwwwwl has a lovely voice

@HBV a great film about the Fleadh scene on Network 2 now. Would bring back great memories of the days you spent fiddling in the doorways of Ennis

1 Like

She’s dreaming of Sean Og.

I assume everyone watching Die Hard 4.0.
John McClain sorting shit out.

1 Like