Top 10 Irish Restaurants (that spidey visited in a week )

Surf and turf

With a farmed trout and onion rings.

2 Likes

Yeah, but the steer was caught wild.

1 Like

Lot of Asians clean out the wild garlic in St Catherine’s park near Lucan/Leixlip for their local restaurants - no problem admitting it to us.

I doubt it’s farmed trout. I ate there a few months back and it was hands down the best meal I’ve had in years, struggling to think of a better one. In my humble view it was sensational.

1 Like

Look at the fins. The tail has been trimmed. It’s farmed.

1 Like

Is it possible the kitchen did that?

Would you ever let your gilly trim the tail on the trout in your fishery?

3 Likes

Was up in the big schmoke a few weeks back with my good lady wife on a rare child free weekend. Ate in The Porthouse on South William Street one night. Tapas were unreal and washed down with copious bottles of Estella. Entertainment provided by two very amorous young ladies enjoying each other’s company a few tables down from us😀 Difficult to concentrate on the food with that sort of stuff going on but I did my best…Ate in FX Buckleys steakhouse another night and my only regret is not taking a photo of it. You can keep your Michelin stars and refined dining because we got a plate of meat and all the trimmings that even after a few libations earlier in the day we couldn’t finish. Senior hurling level of food.

7 Likes

Did @flattythehurdler not work on a fish farm at one stage lads? I think he may be an actual expert!

1 Like

Possible ye, but likely, no. A beautiful sharp tail.as you’d get on a wild trout would not be trimmed.

FXBs is a great spot.

I find the Porthouse can be very over priced and a lot of greasy over fried food masquerading as tapas.

1 Like

Fish Shack Malahide. Now. Boys night out. Fish taco heaven.

14 Likes

That place is cracking.

1 Like

Has anybody eaten in Davis’ of Drumcliff outside Sligo? @anon67715551 I’m looking at you here. It’ll be on my route to Donegal the weekend and was recommended to me as grand roaster fare

Are you able? Have you been smoking the herb?

Not able. No herb. Mrs J took the little lady to London today so I dragged my ailing lungs and Juhy Junior out for boy’s night. Hes off out for a couple of hours now then we’ll stay up late and watch champions league!

1 Like

It is. Fish tacos remain my go to but the mixed platter is a belter.

2 Likes

Enjoy mate. Sounds a belting night.

1 Like

I ate there in the summer. Great spot. I’d say even a non roaster would enjoy it

1 Like