Top 10 Irish Restaurants (that spidey visited in a week )

I stayed there in 2009. I won a voucher for the place when I won nearest the pin at the Waterford GAA Supporters Club Golf Outing. It was lovely then and it was a stage in my life when I enjoyed tasting menus. So I enjoyed it. I suppose it could have got a bit careworn since.

2 Likes

I stayed there a couple of years ago with the missus,
I thought the restaurant was outstanding, the bar was lovely, the room was fantastic, very trendy decor, one of those enormous shower heads
You’re out the door and onto the Ardmore cliff walk which is really lovely, tje beach in Ardmore is fine, white horses another lovely eating house in the town

I’d go for it

2 Likes

Ate in China Sichuan last night for the fist time since covid. It was a tremendous feed. Highlights were the soft shell crab and the lobster. 10/10

2 Likes

If you’re spending that money The Europe is hard bet

3 Likes

I was there earlier this year. Hotel was fine - it hasn’t been “done up” since opening but a long way from threadbare. It’s very nice etc

On the restaurant - there’s def a bit of truth in the indo review. The dining room needs a complete refresh and it’s pretty busy. Food is fine but nowhere near the level (or experience) of something like Chapter One which is setting the bar of that kind of grub in Ireland. I was there a couple of years ago with the previous Dutch chef and it had far more wow.

All in all it’s very nice and def a treat so good for a special occasion. Pricey though - one night away with food, wine etc will be heading towards a grand

2 Likes

I’d say it’d be more like 500 once August is out,
I thought the food was excellent myself, the presentation was a bit silly maybe but the food itself was flawless,

Myself and the missus stayed home n the Dunloe recently, a sister hotel to the Europe, really lovely but for a couples retreat give me the Cliff house any day

1 Like

Oooooffffftttttttttt

1 Like

Wild broccoli :smiley:

No such thing, broccoli is a tough one to grow in the garden

I found the Europa a bit factory like.

1 Like

Its hardly jay rayners review of le cinq

A nice factory with an unbelivable view maybe… In reality no hotel is worth that money

1 Like

The film, penned by Will Tracy and Seth Reiss, "focuses on a young couple who visits an exclusive destination restaurant on a remote island where the acclaimed chef has prepared a lavish tasting menu, along with some shocking surprise."Deadline notes, “Fiennes plays the world-class chef who sets it all up and adds some unexpected ingredients to the menu planned. The action follows one particular A-list couple that takes part. I’ve heard Stone will play half of that couple.”

Not sure if this will upload correctly but the management of the Cliff House have released a statement taking issue with the Independents review of the establishment.

2 Likes

Thankfully Patrick doesn’t want to appear petty.

5 Likes

Katy sent home with her tea in a mug here.

2 Likes

He’s just exercising his Democratic right to reply to a food critic

2 Likes

Food critics are a great mix of self important and needy

1 Like

It’s cos they get treated like gods in their line of work because restaurants are afraid of their power. Bizarre really but there’s a logic to it.

Paolo Tullio was a great lad - never hammered them too badly.

That AA Gill is in a different stratosphere of cunt to the rest of them

7 Likes