Top 10 Irish Restaurants (that spidey visited in a week )

Good.

They were closed for 2 years.

Really enjoyed in there too. There’s a couple of those Bao houses around the same area, all very decent and reasonable.

1 Like

I’d dinner last night in Kinsale. Meal was lovely - couldn’t fault it but the prices restaurant are charging are fast detaching from reality. Charging 15 quid for a starter.

Have you not seen the corporation tax receipts mate?

M&L - went down a treat. Unbelievable hangover grub

3 Likes

FXBs is very good value (relatively - it is Dublin) for lunch. Was there today. A very nice steak sandwich cooked to order was 16 euro with chips. A lovely 8oz sirloin with chips and a fried egg was 24.

You’d pay more for a lot less elsewhere.

6 Likes

Doing a bit of arithmetic in my head I arrived at €8 for everything.
No doubt it was lovely and handed to you but the mark-up had my eyes watering.

Considering a steak sandwich in many pubs in Dublin would set you back the same price that is good value for a place like FXB’s. I’d imagine it was an actual steak sandwich too rather than the questionable beef sandwiches you’d get in a lot of pubs.

2 Likes

He’s ating it in a restaurant not a butchers shop, Boxty.

4 Likes

I had reason to eat out Tuesday with the family, just local. All the usual spots (3 local eateries) aren’t bothering their holes opening on mondays-wednesdays anymore and one is only doing food at the weekends. Is this repeating across the country?

Yep because of staff mainly. Bobby byrnes is only doing food a couple of days a week now.

Yep Monday/Tuesday rarely see food places open

About 40 percent of greenhouse gases come from agriculture, deforestation and other land-use changes. Meat—particularly beef—drives climate change in two ways: first, through cows’ emission of methane, a potent greenhouse gas, and second, by destroying forests as they are converted to grazing land.1 Jan 2022

No forestry was injured during the making of Irish beef :clap:

The small island once had forest cover of around 80 percent, but today has one of the lowest rates in Europe, just 11 percent. The story of the destruction of Ireland’s forests is not a happy one. No other country in Europe experienced such a wholesale ravaging of its native woodland.27 Jul 2018

:cry: :cry:

1 Like

6000 years ago. Would you like to go back to that golden age?

3 Likes

There was a nice article in the Irish times recently about a fella who rewilded a farm below in West cork, returned it to it’s natural forested state. It was very beautiful.

1 Like

I’d say it hit the sweetspot with the Mulally demographic alright

2 Likes