Top 10 Irish Restaurants (that spidey visited in a week )

These lads seem to want a world where people cease to exist

Roodle types wanting to eke out a living seriously irks @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

1 Like

Nope, a world where farmers contribute rather than destroy

Lads, going to a gig tonight in Point. Going to go to El Grito before. Anyone any tips on parking strategy. Have the parking tag app so street would be probably better than a multi storey maybe?

Park in Clery’s Car Park on Sean McDermott St and get the LUAS to the point. Five minute walk to El Grito. On street parking on West Mountjoy Sq and Gardiner Place would typically be safe enough. On no account park in the multi story at the point. You’ll be the night getting out of it. On street parking down there is very difficult to get too.

2 Likes

Cheers. Ended up leaving car near to the Ferryman and hopping across to the Luas up to O’Connell St. Fair aul walk up but well worth it. Probably didn’t order great initially but got it right after, best mexican I’ve had here and a great buzz in the place at 6.30pm. Taxi then down to Point. Very enjoyable evening overall for all concerned.

3 Likes

El Grito is a great spot

Made it to Maguires in Blacklion on Saturday evening with high expectations given its 2-year waiting list for a spot. Tasting menu (see below) was €110 pp and it did not disappoint and all 4 of us were, some cavils aside, more than happy. We stayed over and had breakfast there but the room and the breakfast were a little disappointing after the previous night’s heights. Some pics below.

He’s down to one sitting a day Tuesday to Sunday @ 6.30pm with no lunches at the moment.

Verdict: Delicious food and would go back but as it’s only 50 mins away would probably go home afterwards as the meal experience is sufficient in itself.

11 Likes

You will make it or you’ve already been?

Always make it…eventually!

1 Like

Lovely meal and pyjamas

15 Likes

Duck, Scallop, Beef, Cheeses, please.

You can’t bate a Cavan man’s eye for his market. Is that a special package they offer the Dubs?

1 Like

I’ll let her know!

Here you go - cheese selection was a little underwhelming but I was as full as a snake at that stage.

4 Likes

There were people from all over at it. Neven went to school in Manorhamilton and Ms Flutehook and her brothers were in the years either side of him there - no discounts though :frowning:

Looks a bargain for 110 a head.

1 Like

Value is a relative concept here but I’ve paid more for poorer fare in the past.

1 Like

I’m off to chapter 1 tomorrow.

3 Likes