Top 10 Irish Restaurants (that spidey visited in a week )

lads, heading to limerick next week with work. any decent restaurants with a set menu?

This’ll be good

7 Likes

Texas steak out is as good as it gets in Limerick

3 Likes

Hungry Lyons is the fine dining establishment in Limerick.

4 Likes

Finnegan’s in Annacotty won’t set you wrong

4 Likes

Mrs B and I were down Westport way at the weekend. Cronins The Shebeen in Rosbeg has become a favourite haunt for us. Herself tucked into a steak while I enjoyed my favourite, their fabulous bisque as a main. Great food, great service and good atmosphere.

1 Like

Can I ask why a set menu?

Civil service subsistence rates :smile:

2 Likes

Donkey Ford’s.

I had a lovely bit of tea in Bah 33 Brazilian bbq just off Grafton St last Friday. Unreal selection of meats that they bring around to your table and slice off for you. Varying cuts of beef, pork, chicken and sausage. A bit of bbq pineapple for sweet. Incredible meat sweats after. One for the notebook

11 Likes

They just cut a slice out of that lads back

Fine dining is limited, the East Room in UL is the best in the city, but its not really in the city. Other than that you are talking Adare.

Below that you have the French table, Freddies, the Savoy and the Cornstore. I am not mad on the latter two. French table would be my pick of the 4. Freddies is small. You’d want to book it even midweek.

Davy Fitz favourite the Texas Steak Out is a roasters portion with decent grub place. Some people rave about it. I don’t get it personally but I haven’t had dinner there in a good while.

Pound for pound for me the Curragower Bar is probably the best mid range eatery. Good fish dishes, and a few levels above pub grub. The pint is decent there too. Beautiful view back over the city although the weather is probably gone to enjoy it properly now.

The spitjack is another popular place. I have had excellent food there and I have had average food there. So slow to recommend, but it is very busy so I’ve probably been unlucky.

Takichi is a top class Japanese place.

The nicer indians are all outside the city.

For me there is no really nice chinese. People love all you can eat in the Jasmine, but its expensive for very average food. Now you can make a pig of yourself for €30 if thats your goal.

Coqbull is a good burger place. Probably more a lunch job.

La Cuicina is a very nice Italian, as is Bella Bia.

There’s a really nice lebanese place too called Mejana.

Theres a top class Thai place called Aroi, but its not great to sit in for an evening. Again good lunch option. The red duck curry is absolutely magic.

5 Likes

I fucking love Brazilian BBQ, is that place in Ranelagh still going?

Expensive? I like the jip of that.

No gone just before or during Covid.

4 Likes

I would be all over that

Extremely reasonable!

Thats a pity, it wasn’t the best example of a Brazilian BBQ I’d been in but it was very tasty. There was a class Brazilian off Camden street at one stage was a €100 a head but you got 7 courses cocktails, beers and all sorts. Back in the glory days of the recession we got a groupon for two for €100. One of the best meals I ever had. Thats a long long time ago now.

2 Likes

90-120 min window. Go easy on the starters/salad bar and focus on the meat and you’ll get it all in.

1 Like