Top 10 Irish Restaurants (that spidey visited in a week )

When you start ating mate, you would struggle to get your €50 worth

1 Like

Sabor Brazil - still the best meal I had in Dublin. Drinks thrown in too. Tom the owner/maitre d had a bit of a breakdown.

1 Like

Thats the spot. Still going or gone?

Long gone

The Hamptons under the Savoy, or else maybe Vincenzos upstairs in the George, haven’t been since Covid but it used to do great Italian.

1 Like

I was thinking that. Twas only unrale. Did you ever go to Kimchi on Parnell Street? Absolutely class. Mate of mine lived in Korea and he said it was as close as you would get outside of it.

did vincenzos last time i was down as part of the deal in the george. its a grand spot

1 Like

Mr Vincenzo is gone now and they do a lot less italian stuff, but still do the basics. Its more a general restaurant now.

1 Like

Snide, bitter aul post.

dont worry, ill be doing a cork request before christmas. id expect ballymaloe to feature highly in those recommendations

CC @flattythehurdler

2 Likes

@artfoley there is 4 or 5 nice posts in this for you if you play your cards right.

Where are you staying roughly and we’ll give you a steer for a pint and a chipper.

A chicken hut would be worth 20 likes, a Donkey fords 25

2 Likes

:smiley:

staying in the henry st area (not many hotels in that area youd afford on CS subsistence :smiley: ). also bringing a colleague from switzerland so itll be interesting to see what they make of limericks finest

You are in the heart of it so. Flannerys on Shannon street is the best pint of Guinness in town and I’ll fight anyone who says otherwise.

Mother Macs for the craft beer then. Not beside you but not too far either.

1 Like

The hotel in pery square had an excellent restaurant. Lovely.
Failing that, sponsor Galway by going to supermacs.

Careful now.

The limerickness.

@artfoley just go to Bella Italia, you won’t be disappointed

Limerick seems to be a bit of a culinary back spot, compared to say Cork, Waterford or Kilkenny. It’s surprising considering how much Limerick has contributed to Irish food culture, like the Limerick ham and stuffing with chips.

3 Likes

It’s definitely lacking quality at all levels when it comes to dining.

The Swiss lad will be well impressed with that. A cheap knock off Italian in Irelands 4th city.

2 Likes