Top 10 Irish Restaurants (that spidey visited in a week )

Three cents in the euro to creditors, and McGrath takes full control. Seems to go against any kind of natural justice that.

Reads like brasserie 66 losing money for ages. It’s in that location for 20 years id say

Those inter company loans and money/staff movements sound like a smaller version of Quinn Enterprises

Some of the greatest gowls in Irish business are involved in the hospitality industry.

1 Like

I ate there twice years ago and it was decent if fairly unremarkable. I am surprised it has lasted this long to be honest.
I had a lovely meal in Fade Street when it opened first.

The idea of paying a fortune to cook my own dinner never really appealed to me so was never in Rustic Stone

With a few notable exceptions, the ideal in Dublin is to keep changing the name of your restaurant every couple of years, because people want what’s new and shiny.

I often suspected this tbh.

That was prob why it lasted so long.

Like market lane in cork… Always rammed because you know what you are gonna get there

https://archive.ph/

Paste the url there

McGraths place Taste on George’s Street was a great restaurant. They seem to have got rid of it as a name and it’s back to being a bar upstairs from the other place he has there

1 Like

Restaurants seem to be a hard gig to make pay at scale and above a certain size?

1 Like

Most chefs focus on food first. Operations needs to be first priority, can it be run off lowest possible wage, limited waste, fast table turnover etc. Mid tier seems to be problematic can’t charge enough to cover the customer expectation of perfection in food and service… Likes of wagamama then is all about the operation

5 Likes

There will be a fair raft of them going belly up in the early new year. Holding on for the Xmas takings and then see where they are at. Know firsthand of a few who wont see Paddys Day

Lads i need to book somewhere for a lunch dinner type thing for next wednesday at about 3pm. 4 people. Want a proper restaurant with nice food. Could the foody lads please give me some options. Northside would be good, southside ok, miles down southside not good. Cc @Spidey of course, @Fagan_ODowd @Bandage and anyone else who fancies chipping in

Mr Fox is always good.

Over the river Dax is high-end but excellent. I got good lunch value at Glover Alley last year too.

1 Like

@TheUlteriorMotive is your man

2 Likes

How posh?

Chapter one not going to happen obviously
Mr Fox limited but good menu
M&L chinese is good but not exactly fancy
Krewe is good gumbo grub
Winding stair/woollen mills would be good for fancyish meal
Vintage kitchen poolbeg st will hit the spot but prob booked out
Theres a new expensive one on D’olier st called eh D’olier st (owned by mr fox) that got good reviews but is tasting menu only i think

2 Likes

Available here at 5pm

You’ll feel ripped off to fuck but steak and it’s very nice and it’s Christmas and there’s a lovely
Craft beer bar around the corner on Parliament st with big windows to have a few pints before and watch World go by

2 Likes

Bovinity capel st next wed available at 5 for 4 people too. Supposed to be good. No harm ringing a few fxbs - best rikki lakes in dublin

1 Like

The Beer Temple is the one with the big windows on the corner of Dame and Parliament Street. Spent a lovely few hours there a few Saturdays ago watching world go by. Good selection of beers and not too expensive given how close it is to Temple Bar

1 Like

Hi @Spidey. Could you find me a casual dining/burger place around the Grafton Street area for a group of 8 (4 adults, 4 kids) on Saturday at 4pm? I know I’ve left it very late and it’s a long shot but I still believe you can sort me out. It’s Christmas after all. Haven’t had any luck with the likes of Gotham and Captain Americas.