Top 10 Irish Restaurants (that spidey visited in a week )

the burger was grand and my colleague was impressed with their tikka massala. but id agree with your summation that its overpriced for what it is. the breakfast was excellent though, as was the food we had the next day in the titanic restaurant in cobh

4 Likes

That’s a lot of chilli. I’m guessing it’s that M&L place you are always on about.

1 Like

That’s the one. I got a statutory warning that it was very hot which confirmed to me that I had made the right choice.

You should of brought the uncles there after the racing.

2 Likes

That looks class, what is it?

Stewed cod with fresh chili, pickled chili and peppercorn.

6 Likes

have

1 Like

The one called Bao House is closing down

While I think of it, Library Street Restaurant was as good a dining experience I’ve had in Dublin. There couple weeks back. Pricey enough mainly due to wine being dear but the grub was outstanding

4 Likes

https://www.rte.ie/lifestyle/food/2023/0222/1358142-the-irish-takeaway-of-the-year-has-been-revealed/?fbclid=IwAR1BrA-5sPLEh20eUBx2A3GFTDQZbZ6JkD6AXJX7mcpgEPm7OQsSrEuYpNY

Trim, Co Meath featuring in not one, but two categories of best takeaways writes itself.

1 Like

Jesus there’s more trophies up for grabs there than in the Six Nations.

Did you eat all the chillis?

No I did not.

1 Like

LOL.

Limericks only representative is Bastinellis, which to be fair to it is fine. But that’s it. Hardly top ten in Limerick and for Burgers and Onion Rings. Their burgers wouldn’t even be the best thing you can get there, again they are fine like, but best in Munster, L oh L.

Their onion rings are those all batter no onion types, which I’m declaring a personal war on and not just in Bastinellis. Bite the onion ring, the batter crumbles to bits and you are left with a big ring of onion in your mouth. Don’t even talk to me about putting them on a burger, where the onion comes out and takes half the burger with it. I know you can cut it in half, but it shouldn’t be on the burger if it is detrimental to to the structural integrity of the burger.
Those frozen breaded ones are shite too, no onion and too small not to be crispy as fuck.
You used to be able to get breaded onion rings that were probably frozen but had a decent onion content a bit bigger than the normal ones and they were fucking lovely. Bring them back now.

If they coulsn’t find anything edible in the chipper they gave them a sustainability award

I had to Google that place as I wasn’t familiar with the name at all, though I used to get lunch in the Lana down from it the odd time back in the day. Was it called something else before? I’d say I was in there once and it was unremarkable, probably five years ago now.

My restaurant has two Michelin stars. But I’d never dined in it. So I booked a table

Should be tagged as advertisement

2 Likes

That’s gas, turns out everything was perfect :grin:

One of many reasons for putting it off was the question of what the other guests would think if they saw me sitting at another table.

“Shouldn’t he be in the kitchen?”

“Has he given up?”

Would people know what the chef looks like? I wouldn’t have a breeze who he was

1 Like

The cunts who’d care would.