Top 10 Irish Restaurants (that spidey visited in a week )

Self indulgent wank.

2 Likes

Medium rare.

4 Likes

What did you get for mains?

3 Likes

4 Likes

id say tyhat was expensive, very deer

1 Like

My second visit here at the weekend.

First time it was excellent, this time it was spectacular.

Three of us there and we all went for different dishes accross the three courses. Got a taste of everything and there wasn’t a miss in the 9 dishes, plus a delcious amuse bouche and unraleable bread.

The venue itself is lovely as well. Old Plassey house on UL Campus. It’s out of the way is the only problem.

Service was over the top, like it is in these places. But I guess some people like that.

€350 between three of us including a tip (€70 per head for the food). Saucy enough, but considering you’d drop €40 for three courses of average enough fare there days, I would say it is worth it.

As close to 10/10 as you could get

1 Like

If I understand this correctly, the best restaurant in Limerick according to @thelimericks is the UL canteen. :fork_and_knife::plate_with_cutlery:

9 Likes

Falling at the first hurdle unfortunately

Cc @flattythehurdler

I won’t be going there.

im in galway on thursday night. any recommendations for a good meal, not arty farty shite mind you.

The Italian Restaurant Venice is grand. So is Cooke’s and the Milanos is good.

1 Like

Kirwans lane is good if mark is there.

1 Like

I ate at a nice place when I was last there called Il Vicolo.

2 Likes

I’d second that. Very nice.

2 Likes

I nearly missed the starter as I was supping a few lovely pints
Cc @Lazarus

3 Likes

Sangria tapas bar on middle street is incredible, but quite expensive

1 Like

Dinner in 1826 tonight.
Top top drawer. A disaster averted after it transpired someome never actually completed the online booking process, but they obliged by fitting us in 45 mins later than planned. Crispy oysters to start were off the charts good. The pork belly really good, only complaint was the purple puree was a little bit strong. Dessert was a shared sticky toffee pudding which was good but not special. Overall the menu was very good and while expensive felt the meal was good value overall.

10 Likes

Savage. Its a great spot. Everywhere is expensive now it’s not overly so. I also had a booking issue there the last time I visited coincedentally.

My wife brought me there for a treat few years ago. A surprise even. It was definitely a surprise becuase I’d lined up an evening in the pub watching a six nations double header that she had forgotten about. There was a lot of tension in the car on the way down, exacerbated by her criticising the speed I was travelling at. Barely on terms at this stage we landed onto 1826 to realise her phone was dead and she couldn’t access her Covid pass. No dice. Back to the car and had to sit in it waiting 20 mins while her phone charged. Great crack

15 Likes

A lovely tale, well told. It’s like i was sitting in the backseat while you fucked the car around each bend and tailgated every cunt in your way.

5 Likes