Top 10 Irish Restaurants (that spidey visited in a week )

Yeah. I’d say a lot of midweek/Thursday dining is corporate

Somewhere like Peploes I’d say is more than 50 per cent business diners

1 Like

That’s it exactly

1 Like

Anyone been to Tenters gastropub in the liberties? Looking for somewhere to get a good gastropub type lunch tomorrow. Alternative suggestions welcome.

Was in Marco Pierre White’s on Dawson Street last night and I must say the steak was absolutely top class. A couple of Americans in the group and a couple of Germans who would consider themselves big “foodies” all said it was as good a steak as they had had in a long time. I hadn’t been there in years and the last few times I thought it was meh but this was top class. Service was excellent too.

2 Likes

Mamo Howth last night.

Had smoked eel and pea tartlets, mackerel ceviche, Monkfish Wellington and cheese.

Shared a bottle of Trenzado (white) and Gotes del Priorat (red).

All absolutely top notch. This is one of the best restaurants in the country without being stuffy or formal.

10/10.

12 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Extraordinary. A big thick piece of monkfish surrounded by oxtail , spinach and pastry. Savage.

2 Likes

Any of ya’s ever below in Kelly’s of Rosslare? Any recommendations on what to get?

Can’t go wrong with their fish dishes

1 Like

Must have eaten in nearly all the restaurants in Rosslare district bar Kelly’s.

You mean you ate in the 2 other ones?!

2 Likes

There’s a few decent ones. Meyler’s, Lobster Pot, Culleton’s, Dock Boutique, Barbecue Cowboy, Sinnott’s.

1 Like

A jug of that is where you need to be going given effort needed. I’m definitely giving it a lash over Summer

Any suggestions for a moderately priced restaurant (Big Fan price point but NOT Big Fan as “we’ve been there loads”) for a couple this weekend?

https://www.cirillos.ie/menu_update

1 Like

Sprezzatura is very good and very cheap for the quality but can be difficult to get a table.

1 Like

Not long out of a bit of lunch there in new steakhouse Hawksmoor in front of Trinity college. It was a soft launch gig with 50% off the food but was worth about what we paid for.
Lovely setting. Staff all know what they’re doing, great service etc. Feels like a proper London setting. Food was meh. Nowhere near FXBs quality or even that man child in Blackrock. All meat from Eire. Pepper sauce very bland but didn’t charge us for that. No vino had. 6/10 all round but it is early days

3 Likes

What is the mash swimming in

It was just gravy. Which when mixed in with the pepper sauce was just weird.

1 Like

you had chips, and mash and 2 steaks??

2 Likes