Top 10 Irish Restaurants (that spidey visited in a week )

Brilliant, thanks! Lived on Marlborough St around 2010 when M&L clientiele was almost exclusively asian. Was in at Christmas, not one asian bar the staff and the place jammed. The green beans are my favorite meal in Ireland, I’d say. That, and the Mughlai chicken from Namaste on North King St. Must give the Seabass a shot :+1:t3:

1 Like

Which one of these is the baked seabass?

Namaste always strikes me as the sort of place it would be better to give a swerve to - for health and safety reasons.

It has that look to it alright, even whilst at the counter. Been eating that meal out of there for the guts of 20yrs. It was recommended by a guy who used to travel from Balbriggan to get food there. Mughlai chicken isn’t all that common on Indian menus usually anywhere I’ve ended up.

1 Like

Its braised seabass on the bone with picked cabbage and hot sauce. I don’t know where i got the baked from

Brilliant, appreciate that!

Salty Egg Crab from M &L, you should be able to eat the shell too. Can’t remember how much it is though

1 Like

Brilliant! I’ve never eaten it. I’m a great fan of their salted spiced smoked shredded chicken.

Jesus that brings back bad memories. Don’t try it after 8 stout in Briodys

1 Like

I love Salty Egg Crab, I had it first at a reunion dinner in Mayalsia for Chinese New Year, (my in-laws are Chinese Malaysian). It’s hard to recreate it over here because the crab shells can be too hard.
For what it’s worth, Hainanese Chicken Rice is one of my other favourites.

4 Likes

Noted! I’ve been ordering the same old favourites for too many years in there as I’m not currently resident there.

Try the San Diego ramen

Terra madre
13a Bachelors Walk Dublin 1

Ravioli with Porcini mushroom & black truffle

2 Likes

Perfect!

Thought nomo underwhelming. White miso had the soup very thick. Was like eating a noodle dish where the starch hadn’t been washed off the cooked noodles

1 Like

Ichigo Ichie review: Casual reinvention of Michelin-star restaurant serves up bowlfuls of deliciousness

Emperor of Japan could be back soon

4 Likes

Point of order. Da Mimmo is in Dublin 3 and therefore not eligible.

On mature recollection you are correct.

Chicken firecracker in Wagamama

1 Like

You’ve developed fierce strictness in your postcodes lately Fagan.

@Fagan_ODowd was always a stickler. The natives seldom know their arse from their elbow postcode-wise unless it’s worth a few euros to the value of the gaff

1 Like