Top 10 Irish Restaurants (that spidey visited in a week )

Connemara?

3 Likes

Order wan of everything and lob up the pictures. Mad to see what the local delicacy worm looks like and the cow head

Is that USD in pricing?

1 Like

Not Irish

How’s the pint of Zambezi?

Wan of the lads with me was going to get the cows head but he won’t now because they have taken out the tongue.

The auld BSE in the brain wouldn’t be too tempting either I’d have thought

Oh no, he eats the brain alright. I asked him.

8 Likes

I’d have gone for the Snack Board and the curry.

What did you get?

Mpongo, they drink it in the Congo…

1 Like

Snack board and goat curry. Delicious. Asked for chicken skewers but the waiter said I had to have the curry, cooked by the executive chef and her granny

1 Like

I ate chicken feet once. There’s not much to ate.

Ate in 20 stories in manc last night. Worth going up for the view of a much changed Manchester, and it feels higher.
Saturday night vibe was identikit but very pretty very scantily clad insta girls, and wine bar arm lads from Oldham and stalyvegas and the like. Jack grealish would lay waste in there.
The restaurant was good though. Efficient as it’s a 2 hour table job. 25 a head if you don’t turn up, and it’s explicit you’ll lose your table if you are more than 15 mins late.
It was one of the few places still available at short notice which may say something (it was the pride festival last night so town was bouncing with all sorts).
Very decent fillet steak. Lovely duck salad to start. Two starters, two mains, a bottle of reasonable wine and a g&t for £190 was ok value really.
Recommended, but not a do not miss.
More for a drink and the view, and not on a party night.
I’d say it’s the sort of place the class of 96 would consider fine dining.

3 Likes

Everywhere should run that policy it is v sensible

1 Like

I was out in Dublin on Friday night with a couple of old friends and popped into Beouf on South William Street for a steak in between the pinting.

We didn’t have starters or dessert but €150 for three steaks with a good few sides and including a €50 bottle of wine struck me as unusually good value in a city where it feels like restaurant prices have gone nuts.

Steak was delicious too. Not particularly fancy decor but perfect for a casual meal.

10 Likes

th

8 Likes

Is that the place that only serves steak chips and garlic bread?

Hoping to get there in the next few weeks. That’s unreal value especially with the football game on.

Pretty much only steak on offer but decent range of sides and sauces