Top 10 Irish Restaurants (that spidey visited in a week )

Anybody been to Opium on Wexford Street ( used to be The Village )?

Got a glimpse Saturday night as i made my way through from Whelans. Seemed very busy & has got good reviews.

Some class of Hipster cunts in the nightclub out back though.

[QUOTE=“carryharry, post: 1014881, member: 1517”]Anybody been to Opium on Wexford Street ( used to be The Village )?

Got a glimpse Saturday night as i made my way through from Whelans. Seemed very busy & has got good reviews.

Some class of Hipster cunts in the nightclub out back though.[/QUOTE]
It’s daycent, har. Fair few cunts in there but food is pretty good and prices are reasonable.

Did you hit the Lounge afterwards? #whitepowderheaven

[QUOTE=“carryharry, post: 1014881, member: 1517”]Anybody been to Opium on Wexford Street ( used to be The Village )?

Yeah. Ok spot. Liked it but wouldn’t rush back. Like a lot of new restaurants it pitches itself as an all night venue, mixologists etc etc, more than a restaurant.

Doesn’t really because groups of lads won’t go for dinner and groups of girls won’t stay without lads. End up with mixed groups or couples so can be hit and miss I think crowd wise. Bar area upstairs was jammed when I was there.

Was in restaurant part of Fade Street again last weekend. Food is really good. Great buzz but not trying to be a venue more than a restaurant. Highly recommended.

Wasn’t one of those kind of nights, har.

I was there with a mixed group. Is it not always that way though unless you’re just with the missus? I know there was talk of a few lads on here all going out for a meal together on a stag a while ago but I’ve never been on a stag like that.

[QUOTE=“Horsebox, post: 1014911, member: 1537”]Wasn’t one of those kind of nights, har.

I was there with a mixed group. Is it not always that way though unless you’re just with the missus? I know there was talk of a few lads on here all going out for a meal together on a stag a while ago but I’ve never been on a stag like that.[/QUOTE]
I think those new restaurants are trying to capture the whole night so you stay on after meal to drink rather than go to a bar after dinner. I don’t think it works because of lack of single men. Generally men don’t go for dinner together. I was on a stag once where there was dinner. Booze bill got stupid very quickly.

Bellinis, Kir Royals and mojitos all round?

Started with a bottle of wine each. Took five minutes for waiter to understand each lad ordering his own bottle. Went on from there. Lesson learned. Birds do that cocktail shit in mixed groups too but don’t do it in all girl groups when they are paying. Nothing wrong with cocktails but I hate subsidising fuckers taking the piss.

:eek::smiley:

It maybe mentioned already, but dobbins is a grand aul spot:pint:

I was in the Mourne Seafood Bar last Saturday, thoroughly excellent fare.

The squid starter was top notch, lobster (it being a special occasion) was far better than on the other two occasions I’ve gad it).

Chocolate brownie for dessert was sublime also. Cannot recommend the place enough.

The fat man that’s been trapped inside me seems to have found an escape route.

Had a grand feed in O’Shea’s on Talbot street last Sunday evening. Highly recommend it, good hearty food at a reasonable price

I was there for lunch recently. It was very nice if a bit slow with service resulting in me having to leave to return to work before I had been served my coffee which was paid for as part of the lunch time special :mad:

I hear it’s more like a nightclub than a restaurant at night and not as enjoyable at all.

Anyone been in Pichet recently? Standards still high - there was a lot of buzz about it a couple of years ago but haven’t heard much since.

2015 Michelin Eating Out In Pubs Guide.

Cork
Mary Ann’s (Castletownshend), Poacher’s Inn (Bandon), An Súgan and Deasy’s (Clonakilty), Cronin’s (Crosshaven) and Toddies at The Bulman (Kinsale)

Down
Pheasant (Annahilt), Poacher’s Pocket (Comber), Parson’s Nose and Plough Inn (both in Hillsborough) and Pier 36 and Grace Neill’s (both in Donaghadee) – with Grace Neill’s alone in securing an Inspector’s Favourite commendation.

Clare
Morrissey’s (Doonbeg), Vaughan’s Anchor Inn (Liscannor), Wild Honey Inn (Lisdoonvarna) and Linnane’s Lobster Bar (New Quay)

Mayo

Crockets on the Quay (Ballina), The Tavern (Murrisk) and Sheebeen (Westport)
Galway
Moran’s Oyster Cottage (Kilcolgan) and O’Dowd’s (Roundstone)

Kerry
O’Neill’s Seafood Bar and QC’s (both in Caherciveen)

Kildare
Ballymore Inn (Ballymore Eustace) and Fallon’s (Kilcullen)

Dublin
Chop House (Ballsbridge)

Leitrim
Oarsman (Carrick-on-Shannon)

Louth
Fitzpatricks (Jenkinstown)

Sligo
Hargadons (Sligo Town)

Tipperary
Larkins (Garrykennedy)

Westmeath
Fatted Calf (Glasson)

Wexford
Lobster Pot (Carne)

Antrim

Billy Andy’s at Mounthill, near Larne

Wicklow

Byrne & Woods (Roundwood).

[QUOTE=“TreatyStones, post: 1038421, member: 1786”]2015 Michelin Eating Out In Pubs Guide.

Cork
Mary Ann’s (Castletownshend), Poacher’s Inn (Bandon), An Súgan and Deasy’s (Clonakilty), Cronin’s (Crosshaven) and Toddies at The Bulman (Kinsale)

Down
Pheasant (Annahilt), Poacher’s Pocket (Comber), Parson’s Nose and Plough Inn (both in Hillsborough) and Pier 36 and Grace Neill’s (both in Donaghadee) – with Grace Neill’s alone in securing an Inspector’s Favourite commendation.

Clare
Morrissey’s (Doonbeg), Vaughan’s Anchor Inn (Liscannor), Wild Honey Inn (Lisdoonvarna) and Linnane’s Lobster Bar (New Quay)

Mayo

Galway

Kerry

Kildare

Dublin
Chop House (Ballsbridge)

Leitrim

Louth

Sligo
Hargadons (Sligo Town)

Tipperary
Larkins (Garrykennedy)

Westmeath
Fatted Calf (Glasson)

Wexford
Lobster Pot (Carne)

Antrim

Wicklow

Byrne & Woods (Roundwood).[/QUOTE]
Fairly bad there’s only one in the whole of dublin.

[QUOTE=“TreatyStones, post: 1038421, member: 1786”]2015 Michelin Eating Out In Pubs Guide.

Cork

Down

Clare

Mayo

Galway

Kerry

Kildare

Dublin
Chop House (Ballsbridge)

Leitrim

Louth

Sligo
Hargadons (Sligo Town)

Tipperary
Larkins (Garrykennedy)

Westmeath
Fatted Calf (Glasson)

Wexford
Lobster Pot (Carne)

Antrim

Wicklow

Byrne & Woods (Roundwood).[/QUOTE]

From my own experience the following were unlucky to lose out:

Wexford: The Stand Tavern (Duncannon)
Dublin: Gleeson’s (Booterstown)
Donegal: Smuggler’s Cove, (Rossnowlagh)

[QUOTE=“croppy_boy, post: 1038428, member: 306”]From my own experience the following were unlucky to lose out:

Wexford: The Stand Tavern (Duncannon)
Dublin: Gleeson’s (Booterstown)
Donegal: Smuggler’s Cove, (Rossnowlagh)[/QUOTE]

Gleesons in Booterstown is distinctly average. What an unusual choice.

The Oarsman :rolleyes: