Top 10 Irish Restaurants (that spidey visited in a week )

cant beat a carvery, yorkshire pud, roast spuds, mash and veg piled up on top of a load of meat and gravy, sets you right up for the day, is there anywhere that does unlimited veg?

Spoken like a true roaster

Vintage cunt club

Guilbauds had their best year of trading last year after 33 years in the business.

[QUOTE=“Mac, post: 999645, member: 109”]Spoken like a true roaster[/QUOTE]I’ve ate a bigger variety of world food in the last week, than you have had in the last 6 months I’d wager, sushi, frozen yogurt, chicken jalfezi and hot dogs to name but a few

Hot Dogs? Fucking Hot Dogs? :smiley:

O’Neills on Suffolk St is good although you mighn’t be a fan of the honey glazed veg. You should be able to buy a 2 litre of milk from the nearest Spar to wash it down.

proper hot dogs mate, not the type of slop Lee Chin would throw out to you, with chips (with grated dubliner cheese on top) and portion of curry sauce

Whats the obsession with Lee Chin these days pal?

he wouldn’t hurl spuds to a duck

[QUOTE=“croppy_boy, post: 999608, member: 306”]I can report that Shanahan’s was ‘meh’.

The Butcher Grill in Ranelagh is far superior for half the price.

Had brunch in The Whitefriar Grill last Sunday - lovely Chicken Parm. Will definitely be going back.[/QUOTE]

Heading to the butchers grill myself tonight. I’ve heard good reports on their Cote de Boeuf for two. Any further details on preferred dishes there Croppy?

Cote de Bouef is marvellous.

The Hangar steak was top notch and the baby back ribs were the best I’ve ever had.

Where is the Butchers Grill folks? Croppy, did you also go to that newish place in Stillorgan recently? Can’t remember the name.

[QUOTE=“croppy_boy, post: 999701, member: 306”]Cote de Bouef is marvellous.

The Hangar steak was top notch and the baby back ribs were the best I’ve ever had.[/QUOTE]
How many baby back ribs have you had in your lifetime, croppy?

Shitloads.

Riba?

Been there a few times. Excellent fare. Steak is average enough but they do a superb lamb shank, hake and rump of beef.

The Garlic chilli and lime prawns starter is quality as well.

[QUOTE=“croppy_boy, post: 999701, member: 306”]Cote de Bouef is marvellous.

The Hangar steak was top notch and the baby back ribs were the best I’ve ever had.[/QUOTE]

As it happened I had the baby back ribs followed by the cote de boeuf. Ribs were amazing - fell off the bone. Delicious. I was a little disappointed with the beef. Tasty but tougher than I’d anticipated. We finished the bottle of red and skipped dessert to have several pints of stout in Smyths.

[QUOTE=“croppy_boy, post: 999761, member: 306”]Riba?

Been there a few times. Excellent fare. Steak is average enough but they do a superb lamb shank, hake and rump of beef.

The Garlic chilli and lime prawns starter is quality as well.[/QUOTE]
I thought Riba was average enough to be honest. I’m not really sure the owners know exactly what kind of restaurant they’re running.

Was in Rustic Stone a few weeks ago, jesus never again. Anywhere that serves Polenta chips should be shut down, :frowning:

Was in “The Courtyard” in Donnybrook over the weekend. Marco Pierre White runs it, it’s relatively new, it used to be Tenors for anyone that knows the area.

Anyway it was pretty good. Got the cote de beouf for two which was a special for €60 with sides. That was pretty delicious I have to say.

Starters were meh enough, the bread basket that came out was nicer.

The restaurant itself is a nice space. Nice courtyard out the front.

Marco must only have one photo of himself that he likes because this one was plastered all over the wall and the back of the menus.
[ATTACH=full]1632[/ATTACH]

I couldn’t confirm if he used any knorr stock pots in the cooking.

Overall it was a solid 7/10. I’d go back again