Top 10 Irish Restaurants (that spidey visited in a week )

[QUOTE=“dancarter, post: 1045058, member: 122”]If you are trying to wow your lady friend let me recommend forest avenue next to o brines pub on leeson street.

Iv been there for lunch twice and the food is fucking ridiculously good. Iv eaten in maybe ten Michelin star resteraunts over the years in various cities and this place knocked the shit out of them.

About 25 quid for three course lunch. It’s a bit dearer in the evenings but the lunch is the best iv had and for the quality of it I don’t think there is better value to be had in this country. Quite casual spot as well. Couldn’t recommend it highly enough[/QUOTE]

Brought my now retired former boss for lunch in Forest Avenue the other day on your recommendation, @dancarter. It’s important to acknowledge those who influenced my career and helped me become such an incredibly successful businessman.

Anyway, it was delightful indeed. I was impressed with the modern room and decor straight away. Beautifully presented and very tasty and flavourful food. Went for the two course lunch but some nice little touches with them bringing an appetiser thingy beforehand too and another cupcake thingy after the sublime poached pear desert. I had the roast chicken for main and it was tremendous. We drank a couple of bottles of wine and I went back to the office locked at around 3.25pm.

[QUOTE=“Colin Montgomerie, post: 1048434, member: 9”]Brought my now retired former boss for lunch in Forest Avenue the other day on your recommendation, @dancarter. It’s important to acknowledge those who influenced my career and helped me become such an incredibly successful businessman.

Anyway, it was delightful indeed. I was impressed with the modern room and decor straight away. Beautifully presented and very tasty and flavourful food. Went for the two course lunch but some nice little touches with them bringing an appetiser thingy beforehand too and another cupcake thingy after the sublime poached pear desert. I had the roast chicken for main and it was tremendous. We drank a couple of bottles of wine and I went back to the office locked at around 3.25pm.[/QUOTE]

Must check this out. Went to the Sussex over obriens recently and it’s very nice aswell. Reasonable enough too

How do you spell dessert/desert? Is it one “s” or two?

Dessert has two s’s because you’ll always want seconds.
Desert has one because it’s been deserted by its friend.

[QUOTE=“dancarter, post: 1045058, member: 122”]If you are trying to wow your lady friend let me recommend forest avenue next to o brines pub on leeson street.

Iv been there for lunch twice and the food is fucking ridiculously good. Iv eaten in maybe ten Michelin star resteraunts over the years in various cities and this place knocked the shit out of them.

About 25 quid for three course lunch. It’s a bit dearer in the evenings but the lunch is the best iv had and for the quality of it I don’t think there is better value to be had in this country. Quite casual spot as well. Couldn’t recommend it highly enough[/QUOTE]

If this place is shit I’m coming for you Carter.

The scrambled d worked really well for the goys. Massive physicality. Does anyone know the rest of the words to the fields of athenroy??

Lunch was of the highest class but steepish. I had lobster soup followed by venison, which was as nice a piece of beef as I have ever had, followed by some icecreAm caramel pudding thing which was nearly as nice as a smarty mac flurry, which is going some. Had champagne then some sort of white wine not sure what then two bottles of croze hermitage. Guinness before and after. All this on no sleep. Waiting for plane to take me to taxi to take me to pub. My eyes feel red. Dinner was in total 100 a head give or take, paid by me. An expensive day out but memorable. The Irish team were out practising line outs on Stephens green at lunchtime. I said hello to simon easterby who is one of the coaches to whom I had been introduced when Munster played sale. He remembered who I was, came over and shook my hand and asked if we were ok for tickets. A thoroughly alright sort.
All in all I enjoyed the day 100%.

[QUOTE=“flattythehurdler, post: 1048657, member: 1170”]The scrambled d worked really well for the goys. Massive physicality. Does anyone know the rest of the words to the fields of athenroy??

Lunch was of the highest class but steepish. I had lobster soup followed by venison, which was as nice a piece of beef as I have ever had, followed by some icecreAm caramel pudding thing which was nearly as nice as a smarty mac flurry, which is going some. Had champagne then some sort of white wine not sure what then two bottles of croze hermitage. Guinness before and after. All this on no sleep. Waiting for plane to take me to taxi to take me to pub. My eyes feel red. Dinner was in total 100 a head give or take, paid by me. An expensive day out but memorable. The Irish team were out practising line outs on Stephens green at lunchtime. I said hello to simon easterby who is one of the coaches to whom I had been introduced when Munster played sale. He remembered who I was, came over and shook my hand and asked if we were ok for tickets. A thoroughly alright sort.
All in all I enjoyed the day 100%.[/QUOTE]

You fucking mug.

[QUOTE=“Colin Montgomerie, post: 1048434, member: 9”]Brought my now retired former boss for lunch in Forest Avenue the other day on your recommendation, @dancarter. It’s important to acknowledge those who influenced my career and helped me become such an incredibly successful businessman.

Anyway, it was delightful indeed. I was impressed with the modern room and decor straight away. Beautifully presented and very tasty and flavourful food. Went for the two course lunch but some nice little touches with them bringing an appetiser thingy beforehand too and another cupcake thingy after the sublime poached pear desert. I had the roast chicken for main and it was tremendous. We drank a couple of bottles of wine and I went back to the office locked at around 3.25pm.[/QUOTE]

Lovely lovely touch bringing yer man for lunch. I’d expect nothing else from a businessman* like you.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your meal. I had the poached pear dessert as well. Possibly the nicest dessert I’d ever had I’d say. You think the portions are small when they come out but you wouldn’t leave hungry.

• on the matter of you describing yourself as a businessman as is your wont; iv meant to recount this anecdote several times to you but forgot.

A while back I was in London at a client meeting with several other members in a syndicated deal. There was a yank there representing one bank and he was a most woegius cunt and was wrecking everyone’s head. He passed some comment to the client along the lines of us businessmen need to watch each other’s back. The client just said " no offence meant, but I am a businessman, you guys work for a company that provides a service to my business". I didn’t even attempt to stifle my laughter. He was right

You and me don’t share an opinion on much Farmer so I’d say don’t bother going there.

Agreed. I am offsetting some of the cost by getting a bus to the pub. Wifey just rang to say she would pick me up so I told a barefaced lie which I will certainly be caught out on presently. But I’ll be full again so it won’t matter :-/

[QUOTE=“dancarter, post: 1048774, member: 122”]Lovely lovely touch bringing yer man for lunch. I’d expect nothing else from a businessman* like you.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your meal. I had the poached pear dessert as well. Possibly the nicest dessert I’d ever had I’d say. You think the portions are small when they come out but you wouldn’t leave hungry.

• on the matter of you describing yourself as a businessman as is your wont; iv meant to recount this anecdote several times to you but forgot.

A while back I was in London at a client meeting with several other members in a syndicated deal. There was a yank there representing one bank and he was a most woegius cunt and was wrecking everyone’s head. He passed some comment to the client along the lines of us businessmen need to watch each other’s back. The client just said " no offence meant, but I am a businessman, you guys work for a company that provides a service to my business". I didn’t even attempt to stifle my laughter. He was right[/QUOTE]unfortunately it was my dad and my two brothers. :-:

[QUOTE=“dancarter, post: 1048774, member: 122”]Lovely lovely touch bringing yer man for lunch. I’d expect nothing else from a businessman* like you.

A while back I was in London at a client meeting with several other members in a syndicated deal. There was a yank there representing one bank and he was a most woegius cunt and was wrecking everyone’s head. He passed some comment to the client along the lines of us businessmen need to watch each other’s back. The client just said " no offence meant, but I am a businessman, you guys work for a company that provides a service to my business". I didn’t even attempt to stifle my laughter. He was right[/QUOTE]

Lovely stuff but, just to confirm, I actually am a businessman.

Agreed on the food. It leaves you wanting to come back for more, rather than feeling hungry. Of course, a muldoon from a county that doesn’t have an Opera House will probably leave complaining that there wasn’t spuds stacked up on top of each other on an overflowing plate.

[/QUOTE]

I knew you worked for Dan for a while but I never realised he influenced your career so heavily.

[QUOTE=“Colin Montgomerie, post: 1048786, member: 9”]Lovely stuff but, just to confirm, I actually am a businessman.

Agreed on the food. It leaves you wanting to come back for more, rather than feeling hungry. Of course, a muldoon from a county that doesn’t have an Opera House will probably leave complaining that there wasn’t spuds stacked up on top of each other on an overflowing plate.[/QUOTE]

I shall be here for a boozy Christmas lunch next Friday. Is it O’Briens that do a good pint of stout?

I’m not a Guinness drinker but I’ve been told that O’Brien’s do a good pint alright.

[QUOTE=“flattythehurdler, post: 1048657, member: 1170”]
Lunch was of the highest class but steepish. I had lobster soup followed by venison, which was as nice a piece of beef … Dinner was in total 100 a head give or take, paid by me. An expensive day out but memorable.
All in all I enjoyed the day 100%.[/QUOTE]

Flatty, was it you that had a pop at that bird who wrote the open letter to Enda Kenny who said enough was enough and she was giving up her job to look after her kids cos she was fed up with dropping the kids to crèche at 7am and collecting them late. You said that’s what you did…tough shit.

Fair play to you for paying for all those dinners you paid for today but mate you’re a million miles from where she is.

Personally I’d give up those dinners and whatever else for the Mrs to look after the baby. There is nothing more right in this world than a mother at home looking after her baby.

Ok, you can tell her.

[QUOTE=“Ebeneezer Goode, post: 1048831, member: 1785”]

Personally I’d give up those dinners and whatever else for the Mrs to look after the baby. There is nothing more right in this world than a mother at home looking after her baby.[/QUOTE]

The good news is as she gets older the desire of your mrs to stay home decreases in direct correlation to the amount of mobility the child has. My missus has one day a week at home on her own with our 18 month old daughter. Her(wife) cough is well softened be the time I get home!!! Like a ten hour training session with several tantrums thrown into d mix!

After last weekend, I feel her pain.

Dined in Le Bon Crubeen on Talbot St last night. Nice, I’d go back. I had game pie washed down with a Red Rebel ale.