Top 10 Irish Restaurants (that spidey visited in a week )

Sounds savage.

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 1044510, member: 24”]Just you and the boss out for dinner?

A bit weird no?[/QUOTE]

Over from Blighty.

No I’d say you are thinking of the black sheep on Capel street for some reason. The dark horse used to be the white horse just up a bit from tara street station. Home of the legendary seven am club on a Saturday. Featured on prime time one night when they went undercover to expose the amount of drugs on the go there. It was a grand spot till all the pikeys got wind of it. Think it might still open early the odd Saturday haven’t been in a few years though.

:rolleyes:

Aye

Tassotti cannot stop mugging himself off.

[QUOTE=“Spidey, post: 818349, member: 289”]Meant to put this up a few months ago. Hands down the best restaurant I have ever been to is Sabor Brazil off Camden Street. It is No.1 on Tripadvisor for a reason. Outstanding service, quality of food and experience. Run by two shirtlifters but don’t let that put you off.

Tasting menu is €100 per skull but a few deal sites are doing a 50% voucher at the moment. This entitles you to seven or eight courses including drinks such as cocktails, verious wines with courses, cognac and whatever else. We purchased a bottle of wine to go with the steak but it wasn’t really necessary. Arrived in at 7pm and rolled out at 11pm. Incredible. Booking though especially for a weekend is months in advance.

Absolutely perfect if trying to impress/woo/placate a lady friend.[/QUOTE]

Was meaning to try here for ages but have probably left it too late to get a weekend reservation before Christmas. Have you been back here yourself since, @Spidey? Anyone else been? I take it the positive review still applies.

If you are trying to wow your lady friend let me recommend forest avenue next to o brines pub on leeson street.

Iv been there for lunch twice and the food is fucking ridiculously good. Iv eaten in maybe ten Michelin star resteraunts over the years in various cities and this place knocked the shit out of them.

About 25 quid for three course lunch. It’s a bit dearer in the evenings but the lunch is the best iv had and for the quality of it I don’t think there is better value to be had in this country. Quite casual spot as well. Couldn’t recommend it highly enough

Unless you get a cancellation you won’t get one before Christmas - I believe it’s booked up until February but that could be just weekend so give them a ring after lunchtime as they wouldn’t be in till then. Deal voucher usually applies to Sun-Thursday. Was there week before Christmas last year.

It’s a savage spot. Takes four hours plus though so don’t be planning on doing anything else

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1041311, member: 2272”]Lunch yesterday in Asador on Haddington Road - was excellent

The owners also own Dawson Brasserie - on Dawson Street. It is also very good. Great room - old La Stampa.

I believe the Baggot Inn has been acquired by the people who own House and Bar 37[/QUOTE]
FFS, @Tassotti can you take care of this?

[QUOTE=“dancarter, post: 1045058, member: 122”]If you are trying to wow your lady friend let me recommend forest avenue next to o brines pub on leeson street.

Iv been there for lunch twice and the food is fucking ridiculously good. Iv eaten in maybe ten Michelin star resteraunts over the years in various cities and this place knocked the shit out of them.

About 25 quid for three course lunch. It’s a bit dearer in the evenings but the lunch is the best iv had and for the quality of it I don’t think there is better value to be had in this country. Quite casual spot as well. Couldn’t recommend it highly enough[/QUOTE]

+1

only downside being it is frequented by the rugby fraternity - namely Leo Cullen last week

Had lunch in Ox in Belfast today. As good a restaurant as there is on this island.

Walking back towards the train I stopped for a pint of Franciscan well in the old Markets bar where Robert McCartney met his untimely end. It’s been renamed the Ronnie Drew but an air of menace remains.

Missed the fucking train back by about 10 seconds. Decided to take the bus back. Bad move. I was bloated with liquid, water, wine, beer, coffee, Franciscan Well. Trains have toilets. Buses don’t. I thought I was going to burst. Eventually in Newry I went up to the driver when we stopped at the bus station. I told him I wasn’t feeling well and would he mind if I went to the gents. Go as quick as you can son he said (he was a good 20 years younger than me). Imagine me chagrin when I bolted for the jax and was met by a sign “closed for 5 minutes for cleaning”. I banged on the door. To no avail. Eventually I had to relieve myself out the back and leg it back to the bus just as it was pulling away.

What a day.

[QUOTE=“Fagan ODowd, post: 1048317, member: 706”]Had lunch in Ox in Belfast today. As good a restaurant as there is on this island.

Walking back towards the train I stopped for a pint of Franciscan well in the old Markets bar where Robert McCartney met his untimely end. It’s been renamed the Ronnie Drew but an air of menace remains.

Missed the fucking train back by about 10 seconds. Decided to take the bus back. Bad move. I was bloated with liquid, water, wine, beer, coffee, Franciscan Well. Trains have toilets. Buses don’t. I thought I was going to burst. Eventually in Newry I went up to the driver when we stopped at the bus station. I told him I wasn’t feeling well and would he mind if I went to the gents. Go as quick as you can son he said (he was a good 20 years younger than me). Imagine me chagrin when I bolted for the jax and was met by a sign “closed for 5 minutes for cleaning”. I banged on the door. To no avail. Eventually I had to relieve myself out the back and leg it back to the bus just as it was pulling away.

What a day.[/QUOTE]

Did you enjoy the Franciscan Well at least?

The restaurant in the Cliff House is unreal, unbelievable

[QUOTE=“Mac, post: 1048335, member: 109”]Did you enjoy the Franciscan Well at least?

The restaurant in the Cliff House is unreal, unbelievable[/QUOTE]
I did indeed Mac

Gilbauds for lunch for me tomorrow prior to cheering on the goys as part if the sixteenth man, or somesuch.

You prick.

[QUOTE=“Fagan ODowd, post: 1048317, member: 706”]Had lunch in Ox in Belfast today. As good a restaurant as there is on this island.

What a day.[/QUOTE]

Were you flying solo mate? Getting a bus post nosh and drink is a schoolboy error. Surely there was another train within the hour.

This is Dunph heavy but had a tremendous lunch in the Boxty House today. Few Jap clients had read about it as the home of the Irish spud. Went for the chicken Boxty - quality. Potato pancake wrapped around tasty chicken breast covered in bacon and leek creamy sauce. Sounds average but was top notch.

Ah lovely. :slight_smile:

We look forward to your review.