Top 10 Irish Restaurants (that spidey visited in a week )

+1 Very tatty and nothing really to recommend it nowadays. Not the place it was. Also they could have done more to protect Cathal Brugha that time.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Off to Koh tonight in Jervis Way. Was there once before with a group where we just ordered loads and dishes and mixed and mashed which isn’t my bag although remembver the Tom Yam Goong soup being sensational.

Cullinans is that one I think. Black Oak not far from Barratra was decent but havent been there in a few years and I think the place has changed hands since.

whats linnanes in new quay like turfcutter? watched a programme years ago on rte that showed their lobsters being exported to japan I think it was. have been meaning to go since but never got around to it

What brought you down to Carrigholt chewy? Think that is where O’Curry GAA club are based. pretty remote down there

Relations have holiday homes in Kilkee and often had to go down there when I was younger, was never gone on Kilkee but always liked Carrigaholt/The Long Dock

did they open a place at the cliffs of moher ?? had a nice dinner down there myself

See KP about Linnanes KIB man

What brought him down to carrighhol ?? a woman, I told ye here his mother was upset about it too as she was from Quility

One month if you have a ban of kids maybe. 125 per head with matching wines! Nice! Supposed to be unreal alright all the positive reviews here men il be visiting shortly. Was it busy Mac?

Few of my favourites at the minute.

Pinocchio in Ranelagh, shit location under the luas station but savage Italian food for reasonable price

Had dinner in San lorenzo on George’s St last wk very very good.

I wouldnt rule out a visit based on my experience TC. But I used to go there especially for the fish cakes and I was pissed off when they arrived out half the size they used to be.

The crowd that ran Morans The Weir are now running it. They have kept a similar menu. Hard to get a seat there around lunchtime on a sunday and I dont think they take bookings during the daytime.

An Fulacht Fia does a decent menu and fair play to the proprietor for doing a bit of waiting but it dont really suit him!

anyone eaten in Dylan Mcgraths place that got robbed on george´s street last week - Rustic Stone ?..whats the nosh like?

My pal was there and said it was pretty good. The crooks took 10 large so the place must be doing very very nicely.

i saw that alright…might pop in for a taste over weekend…

I have had lunch there scum pot. Unusual menu but food was lovely.

menu is quirky alright…

It’s steak on a stone with a twist for near double the price. Check out San Lorenzo across the road - you will not be disappointed.

:licklips:

Fantastic post.

Can’t believe I hadn’t spotted this until now

TWO more of Ireland’s restaurants are to receive a coveted Michelin star.
The ranking system for the world’s best restaurants was scheduled to be published next week – but briefly appeared on the website yesterday morning by mistake.
It was revealed that Locks Brasserie in Dublin and Aniar in Galway have been awarded a one-star rating by the Michelin guide.

Anyone eaten in either of these?

The missus ate in the Locks last Sunday. She said it was excellent. If you go at the weekend you get the added bonus of being able to watch poor people drinking cans on the bench outside beside the canal.

Flying Fish, Pyrmont

Very good

What this man said. Steak on a stone and €6 for 5 chips-nice enough food but overrated. Not Top 10 but Juniors on Bath Avenue is pretty good for reasonable prices. They’ve also opened a Pizzeria around the corner that does very good pizzas. The best thing about the place though is that there is nearly always Leinster players there so you can go up to them and mouth off in person the same way you can here but more in their face like.

[quote=“Horsebox, post: 160027”]

What this man said. Steak on a stone and €6 for 5 chips-nice enough food but overrated. Not Top 10 but Juniors on Bath Avenue is pretty good for reasonable prices. They’ve also opened a Pizzeria around the corner that does very good pizzas. The best thing about the place though is that there is nearly always Leinster players there so you can go up to them and mouth off in person the same way you can here but more in their face like.[/quote]
:rolleyes: I get the feeling the only mouthing off you would do to a Leinster Rugby player would involve you dropping to your knees.

Whoosh …