Top 10 Irish Restaurants (that spidey visited in a week )

I do enjoy a nice black pudding starter.
Black Pudding & Scallop

1 Like

Shcallop

Never knew you were gay, m8.

1 Like

Drowned in tomato sauce I suppose.

@Fagan_ODowd would you be a cash tipper or a credit card tipper?

A friend worked in one of their other places before, they’re well known for treating staff shite and have a high turnover in all their businesses. The reason behind this story is the managers taking a large take from the tips. You’d want to be an awful tosser with no taste to go in there anyway. cc @Fagan_ODowd

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-qV9wVGb38

2 Likes

It would depend how much cash I had on me and in what denominations

I’d try to have some cash on me for a tip. Don’t believe the staff ever see it if the tip goes in the card.

3 Likes

I had a lovely meal there in Trocadero tonight. Never eaten there before. It’s been a fixture on the Dublin scene for 60 years. I’d go back.

1 Like

Gerry Ryan occasionally gave that place a free plug.

It’s an institution alright but always thought it was full of theatre luvvies.

Was in new spot Isabelle’s (www.isabelles.ie) on South Anne St earlier, freebie meal and drinks/cocktails as my mate’s cousin is the head chef and they did three nights of freebies to friends and family to train staff and iron out issues. Place is quality and the meal is in my top five restaurant meals in Dublin ever.
Mates cousin asked for feedback as he knows I’m a cunt for picking holes in dishes and I only got him on one thing. The chicken livers on pate and sourdough toast though perfectly cooked were just missing a small hit of sweetness to balance the flavours out. I suggested a small quenelle of quince jelly and he said he was only thinking of the same thing the day before. Ribeye main was perfectly cooked and very tasty and good wine list to match.

One for a night with the WAGs.

6 Likes

Those were oysters

1 Like

Tip down to Piglet and try the rabbit pal… it’s fine winter fare… the pork cheek is also exquisite.

I’m a big fan of this place. Lovely food and consistently good. A bit old fashioned but that adds a bit of character.

i always preferred le caprice, unfortunately now its a fucking nandos

Caffe di Napoli there on Westland Row tonight. Good old school Italian. Enjoyed it.

4 Likes

Greggs this morning guys.

I tried to give the ladies a tenner for the Christmas but, much like my McDonald’s debacle last year, they came back with the manager and said they weren’t allowed to take cash gifts. It made me feel sleazy, but at least I wasn’t followed out into the car park by a young lass shouting after me “I can’t take this, I can’t take this” and waving a banknote like Christmas past.

2 Likes

Totes awks

Totes.