Top 4 All Ireland hurling finals

I’ve actually never heard of anti hurling but I agree pal. Like puke football

Cork kk
Tipp kk
Clare cork

1968 - (50th anniversary tomorrow). Biggest ever comeback from a winning side in an All Ireland Final from Wexford.

No 4. 1990. Kinda before my time but the father had it on tape when I was younger. Joe Cooney went on a tear in the first half

No 3. 2013 replay. A bit loose for my liking but there was just something mental about it. Even when Clare were 7-8 points up it never looked safe cos goals were flying in at such an insane rate.

No 2.2014 draw. Unreal game and had a Hollywood finish. Some of the points scoring was awesome.

And no 1. 2009. As hard and as fast as the business end of a ride.

1 Like

2014 (Draw) is the best. Any other game can’t hold a candle to it.

Watch it again.

2010 and most of the opposition ravaged with injury :rofl::rofl::yum::rofl: raving you are

2 Likes

2018 is certainly the most enjoyable in my life.

But from a completely neutral perspective, I thought 2009 was the best. Savage.

1972 was by all accounts a classic.

All eight finals between them since then have been distinctly non-classic and mostly poor. 2003 was a dreadful game.

Of the four finals between them between 1999 and 2006, I’d rank 1999 highest because it was tense, close and because both were new teams at the time, but that’s not saying much.

The non-All-Ireland final games between them have also been very poor.

Overall, it has proved to be a dreadful pairing for hurling.

2009 was unreal. Had a shit seat behind goals in lower Davin but it was epic. KK really stood up when Tipp threw the kitchen sink.

8 Likes

86 was a good one

I’d say the top three are all from Tipp/KK in the last ten years, the game where Benny Dunne was sent off was a hoser, I wouldn’t be good on years but they were unbelievable entertainment .

The 04 munster final was the best of all though

1 Like

2014 drawn final was the start of the real tippy tappy 50+ scores, 70-80 puck outs a match with neither side really bothering with defending.

2 Likes

Hard to believe that a very good Kilkenny team scored 9 points in 04

1 Like

Lock the thread

2 Likes

I would have said 2013 was when the tippy tapply stuff started Geoff?

2 Likes

In my time.
Probably 09 as the stand out

2009 the best.
2014 draw and replay were great contrasts in style, the difference in approach to refereeing. The draw was a pure shootout.
The 2013 finals were the beginning of the shootout era. The replay was nuts.
There were a lot of shit finals prior to 2009. 1997 was one that stands out. Clare vs Tipp when the hatred was absolutely poison.

One of the most overrated games ever.

2009, 2010 and 2011 Kilkenny-Tipperary games were much, much better.

3 Likes

1993 was a very good final between Kilkenny v Galway which never seems to warrant a mention.

1 Like

It was actually.
01 deserves an honourable mention as well.