Top 40 Irish Songs of All Time

The story of that music video is a lovely one.

1 Like

Too busy gazing out across the bay.
The stupid prick included his own son’s band in the list

1 Like

A chap I know claimed his Mam was one of the women in that video . Must follow up and verify that info

2 Likes

We may know the same people :flushed:

RD?

There are loads of Mams in that video in fairness

Nope. That’ll do.

There are. One or two stand out.

Were ash playing support to u2?

1 Like

Before the deluge
The bell table
Ah there’s too many to count.

They did for the 2nd one. Ash and Moby the main support acts. Nelly Furtado on the undercard.

Mad to think that the Chilli Peppers and Coldplay were support acts for the first gig too

Great days out I’d say. Chilli peppers Coldplay and moby all had massive albums out around then. I was abroad. So what’s the story with the Ash intro you just remember it from the day?

They showed 2nd half of Ireland vs Holland on the big screen during the break between first 3 acts and second 3 acts. McAteers goal and the win sent the crowd absolute ballistic. Nearly a better atmosphere than being at the game with 80k odd there.

Crowd absolutely buzzing on a balmy late August or early September day and then on come Ash and launch straight into Burn Baby Burn which would normally have been an encore song from memory. They probably played it 2-3 times. Just one of those moments you remember as being pure joy and madness. Don’t even think I’d had a drink at that stage of the day so it was pure adrenalin.

2 Likes

Tim is an alright sort

1 Like

Is there anywhere online one could view that documentary?
Lynott was a genius.

My favourite Franks song

5 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

I’ve given that a like as it’s a fine song but I don’t think it would make my top 10 of Franks tunes, maybe too 20

1 Like

I think is my favourite Franks song

1 Like

Horslips- Dearg Doom. An iconic intro.

1 Like