Tottenham Hotspur, the Ryan Mason variant

He should cut his losses and look for a job at a big club.

Who was the last manager who “got” Spurs?

'Arry or El Tel?

Says it all really

Do Spurs even get Spurs?

You’d love to know what they say at the meeting to explain it? Would they include footix representation I wonder. A brother of a fella from Carlow town called Henry who started following them in the 2000s as he thought their striker had the same name as him when he read it in Shoot.

Ossie. But he didn’t last long. Aussie won’t either.

This amused me.

https://twitter.com/vincerugari/status/1790852978687267075?s=46&t=0sQkcb7z4szDmx1-2Xlm0w

And workplace banter pales into insignificance when compared to INTERNET WUM wars.

2 Likes

Poor aul Son, he’d be as well out of that racist quagmire.

Troy Parrott has been sold to AZ Alkmaar.

Going to be a long season. Big Ange might not be around for a lot of it though. He hasn’t a breeze.

It’s what ye want sure, helter skelter football. They’d have won that easily tonight if Solanke could hit a barn door. Kane would win those games for them in the past.

It’s not the League of Japan now, mate.

A point at Filbert Street is always a good result.

Very true. Or Brisbane Roar either. We got a fast start/new manager bounce last season, 26 points out of 30 in first 10 games. That was an average of 2.6 points a game.

After that once the opposition had figured out Angeball there was very little by way of tactical variation or a Plan B. We picked up just 40 out of 84 points over the final 28 games, that’s just over 1.4 points a game and the type of form and return that gets you 8 to 10 place over a full season.

Despite having plenty of good individual defenders, the defending as a unit is just hopeless. Last season, the number of goals conceded was off the scale and still there’s no set piece coach. Going forward it’s all very helter skelter and getting the ball wide, but very little end product or incision.

I saw it from 67th minute onwards. Spurs had around 75% possession yet Leicester missed 3 excellent chances to score. There’s a complete absence of a defensive structure & they’re easy to create chances against, especially in TRANSITION situations. That’s on the manager.

1 Like

It is on the manager. I saw that script so many time last season. We’d go a goal up, plenty of chances to kill off the game, fry and walk the ball in, then we’d concede a goal out of nowhere and that would be it. You never get any sense that we’ll absorb the setback of conceding a goal.

We don’t seem to create anything centrally, no real guile or incision there, no long distance shots. Big Ange needs to up his game quickly or he won’t be around for long.

Ange lost the respect of the players after his carry on after the Luis Diaz goal at White Hart Lane. A proper man like Wenger or Bielsa would have ensured that miscarriage of justice was righted but in keeping with his native cricket team Ange displayed poor sportsmanship. In the full glare of the world, not in front of two men and a dog against Kashima Antlers or Forfar Pipefitters

2 Likes

They’ll always have that lap of honour

1 Like