Tour De France 2012

The Colombier is what it’s all about. Magic stuff.

Nibali needs to put Basso and Szmyd on the front at the bottom of Colombier and put the hammer down. They can’t let Rodgers, EBH or Porte get to the front, or they will just ride tempo up the climb. BMC should put Hincapie and TJVG at the front to help as well. The last thing I want to see is that sky train at the front. Nibali, Evans and JVDB, should take it in turns to attack, that’s the only way to crack Wiggins. I hope it pisses rain as well, Wiggins needs to be put under pressure on the decents as well. There is the chance to take 2 or 3 minutes back tomorrow.

Wiggins needs to have pressure put on him. Like most on this thread, don’t like Sky. I’m sure they’re clean but as someone said here earlier, you swear they invented the sport.

The big climb tomorrow is savage. I’ve been up a few cat 2 climbs in recent weeks and they are cuntish to say the least. Can only imagine what a HC would be like. Attack them high sock wearing bastards is what I say.

Nibali for me tomorrow.

Cofidis are saying they are staying in the tour, their ds looks as if he knew nothing about it.

Spot on Anto. Szmyd is a great man to drive a group. Sean Kelly reckons Wiggins is fragile and will panic. Saw the outburst the other day as a sign of it.

I’d like to give my full backing to the tactic of not letting Sky at the front at the foot of Colombier. The other teams need to do everything in their power to ensure there isn’t an even tempo all the way up.

I am expecting an attack from Van den Broeck today. He looks like he has the appetite for it.

Sometimes you wonder at the “big guns” who dont attack and just wait for others to fall off the group. Evans used to be like this, hoping he is not today.

I think Evans has to be active every day from now on because Wiggins can take another minute plus out of him in the last TT.

A big break gone after 40km, they have two minutes lead.

Burghardt and Cummings (BMC); Popovych and Voigt (RNT): Arashiro (EUC): Martinez (EUS); Sagan (LIQ); Scarponi (LAM); Millar and Zabriskie (GRS); Peraud (ALM); Jeandesboz (SAU); Horrach (KAT); Casar, Hutarovich and Ladagnous (FDJ); Sanchez (RAB); Kroon and Morkov (STB); Fofonov and Grivko (AST); Devenyns (OPQ); and Gerrans and Goss (OGE)

Could be significant that BMC and Liquigas both have guys up there. Could be useful for later on.

I remember last year someone had a link to a site showing this.
anything knocking around this year?

Just the live tracker.

http://www.letour.fr/le-tour/2012/us/live/aso/

Loads of options here Runt.
http://www.steephill.tv/tour-de-france/#live

http://www.steephill.tv/tour-de-france/#tv-schedule

I use the cycling news.com tracker. Think there is one on eurosport as well.

Yeah, Peraud is up there to help Nico as well. Voeckler is in the front group as well apparently.

Some climb this. Would like Sky to be put under pressure sooner rather than later.

Lotto upping the pace anyway however briefly. Reckon same will happen in last couple of km’s of this climb.

Very disappointing day so far. This climb would have been much better if it were the finish of the stage

How steep are these climbs Larry - would they be as tough as say, bottom of Wendell Avenue up to Dunnes ?

Nibali’s descending is fantastic to watch. Fact Sky still have numbers there though means will be very hard for anyone.