Tour De France 2012

Wiggo blowing them away here. Strange to say it before we have gotten into the mountains proper but this looks like the winning of the tour at this point.

Roche 10th on GC after TT 5’22" down. Gotta be happy with that after the TT

Is there anywhere to watch highlights of the last couple of days online lads?

Steephill.TV is usually your best bet.

Steephill.tv should have last few days.

I have serious doubts about Froome today after that, has to be doped up to the eyeballs. I think he could blow Wiggins away on the mountains, if he was let. I’m starting to doubt Wiggins as well, but maybe I’m being a bit paranoid. Are they that good, it’s very hard to believe.

Get the fuck out of it. :lol: What’s the point in getting out of bed when every single one of your opponents is on amphetamines?

Fuck’s sake. Just seeing the results now. Froome and Wiggins beat Spartacus in a long time trial. :rolleyes: If they’re not doped I’ll eat a hat. Wiggins is a fucking dickhead, even his closest companions will say it and this Froome cunt has come out of nowhere. Load of bollocks.

Thanks lads.

Wiggins’ track record (pun intended) is very credible. His breakthrough season came in 09 with Garmin. Loss of 9kg and change in focus transformed him. There is no way he was doping at Garmin and his 4th in 09 suggested he was capable of winning. While Froome doesn’t have same history his performance here is far less of a surprise than what he did at Vuelta in September. Thought Cancellara put in poor time today though course wasn’t overly favourable I suppose.

Like balbec tI cannot stand Sky or their Lance Armstrong styled black songs.

I just don’t know. Wiggins is an Olympic champion and was always good against the clock. Froome has no track record before last season. Very small time gaps between the rest. Are they so far ahead? Nico must be delighted. I posted yday that 2-3 minutes loss for him would be very good and that is how it panned out.

Hope the tour is not over. Sky strike me as very programmed. The only way to beat Wiggins is to attack and vary the pace. Need a few combines in the mountains to achieve this.

Am very interested to see how TJVG gets on. Future winner in my opinion.

Friend Of The Forum Vaughters believes Froome is clean anyway. Just retweeted this from the Science Of Sport…
Here’s Chris Froome’s TT at Vuelta last year:[size=1]http://[/size]teamsky.cyclingnews.com/tech-news/trai[size=1] [/size]…[/url] (via [url=“http://twitter.com/TrainingPeaks”][s]@[/s][b]TrainingPeaks[/b]) That’s 406W at 5.8W/kg. Not unexpected,not unusual

I think Cancellara didn’t do a great time today. He would have surely expected to put over a minute if not 2 into say Evans, which he didn’t.

Wiggins has always been about racing against the clock - its his strength. If you looked at him today he barely moves on the bike. He actually try’s to cycle like this in normal stages too and is therefore susceptible to random injections of pace. Froome has burst onto the scene from nowhere but I watched the Vuelta last year and Kelly seemed to think he always had this potential & he had heard so much of him as a youth. His weakeness seems to be descending. Nibali caught him out big time yesterday.

BMC hinted at forging alliances with others today. I hope they do and attack Sky all over the shop - if nothing else it’ll make it good viewing for us.

Some great camera work following Wiggins today. Like watching a motorbike.

First rider suspended today for “attempting to use drugs” - sounds strange.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/18786490

di Gregorio finished over 18 minutes behind Wiggins on the Time Trial too. :strokechin:

Isn’t that in connection with an ongoing case?

Yeah think that is back from last year and in relation to his Astana days.

Very much looking forward to stage tomorrow. Fairly certain Nibali will try something. Evans too no doubt. They could well end up losing lots of time for it but both are attacking riders these days. Hope other teams can up the pace early on the Colombier to get rid of as many Sky riders as possible.
Looks like there could be a bit of rain which will make descents all the better. Very little flat after final descent.

http://www.letour.fr/PHOTOS/TDF/2012/1000/PROFIL.jpg

It all depends on Sky/US Postal. If they are allowed to ride tempo on the Colombiere they will kill the stage stone dead. Parts of the climb are 12 per cent and it is 17 km long. The last climb is only 7km but a lot of damage can be done on a short climb with tired guys around. Nibali or Dan Martin for me tomorrow. Small time gaps between the leaders.

That climb from 130 looks savage!