Tour De France 2012

Rightly or wrongly there is a massive difference in media and sports fans in general’s attitude to drugs in sports like cycling and athletics which are almost completely based on power, strength and fitness than their attitudes to doping in the likes of tennis, soccer and cricket which are at least equally about other attributes which aren’t as easily improved by chemical enhancement. Probably isn’t right but it seems to me this is definitely a factor.

Fair comment. I do think that benefits of doping in relation to performance in sports you mentioned above or rugby for instance are sizeable and very much unreported. Especially considering how some of governing bodies have handled positive tests.

Did any of ye watch the ITV coverage of the Tour? Who was that gimp on the clips at the ad breaks? Got the impression that Phil Liggett used to cream himself a lot more over Lance than Sir Bradley.

Roche could be joining [font=Verdana][size=3]Saxo Bank-Tinkoff Bank apparently[/size][/font]

http://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/nicolas-roche-set-to-join-contador-team-3180662.html

Mixed views on that. I think he’d make an excellent super domestique but not sure what his role would be there. I’m prob in a minority in that I’d like him to take on that role but wish it wasn’t for Riis and Contador. Fuglsang and Kreuziger ate both linked with Saxo too while Navarro is apparently on his way out.

[quote=“larryduff, post: 628282”]

Mixed views on that. I think he’d make an excellent super domestique but not sure what his role would be there. I’m prob in a minority in that I’d like him to take on that role but wish it wasn’t for Riis and Contador. Fuglsang and Kreuziger ate both linked with Saxo too while Navarro is apparently on his way out.[/quote]

Saxo had money trouble earlier this year didn’t they? Talks of Cancellara going there too. Surprised at Nico not going to a French team but s change might do him good. Riis is less of a cunt than Bruyneel if that is any consolation.

Rumours that Cav may be on the way out at Sky as well.

What do you think about that statement now.?

You’ll need to tag @Matty_Hislop

1 Like

He’s a cheating cunt, they are all cheating cunts.

I rarely watch any cycling any more.

1 Like

I need to bump this one. Sorry now

I must have opened this thread. I’m getting notifications for every new post.

@balbec