Tour De France 2012

Cavendish brought down in a crash with 2.8 km left!

Does Greipel ever take both hands off the bar when he wins?

Crash Inside 3km so all same time, but if it’s good for the goose, why not the gander? Cabendish’s chances for Green are blown and no safety 3km net for him?!?

Nasty fall onto the curb for Sagan today. I can’t see him getting much sympathy from his competitors, for his funny celebrations.

That was great stuff today. Enjoyed watching that there now.

Greipel is after crashing today early doors. Back on the bike but might knock the stuffing out of him.

After watching most of the highlights last night I was amazed at how the pelethon manage to time the attack so exact. Who keeps control of the pacing and how do they time it so well? Is it all dictated to them over ear-pieces?

Todays suicide break: Davide Malacarne (Europcar), Romain Zingle (Cofidis), David Zabriskie (Garmin-Sharp) and Karsten Kroon (Saxo Bank-Tinkoff Bank). They are about 5 minutes ahead at the moment.

Nico has a piece on that very subject in today’s Indo. The rule of thumb is that the break needs at least one minute for every 10kms left. Usually the leaders team chases early on and then they hand over in the second half of the race to the sprinters’ teams. The peleton will leave them out there for as long as they can, if they catch them too early, they run the risk of more attacks near the end and it becomes hard to manage.

Goss takes intermediate (Bunch part) sprint from Cav and Sagan. Greipel didn’t contest, with his lovely bandages on. Cav was trying too but Goss looked good, could be a good bet for the stage today

Biggest crash so far. More than half are down. Huge Huge split in peloton.

Franck Schlek on side of the road with no bike

Tom Danielson again :frowning:

Heisejdal is in it. Still standing on side if road 4 minutes after crash

There’s only about 50 or 60 in main peloton

Rest of the favourites seem to be in Peloton. Think I saw Roche too. Main sprinters seem to be there. Haven’t seen Martin yet

Fook it! Gesink distanced too. Pierre Roland also

Cavendish & Boasen Hagan stuck 2’36" behind with Schlek

Tom Danielson abandoned

Brajkovic caught in crash

Hesejdal is at 7 minutes now. Carnage!!

this is a significant for Larry’s betting strategy.