Tour De France 2012

Sagan wins from Greipel and then Goss.

On way home from work
What happened
Where is Nibali?

Rolland, Schlek, Brajkovic, Scarponi, Valverde group finish 2 minutes & 8 seconds down

Lesson for all potential Tour winning riders, never arse around at the back of the bunch.

Gesink finishes 3 minutes 30 seconds down

[quote=“larryduff, post: 627679”]On way home from work
What happened
Where is Nibali?[/quote]

Monster crash. Held up people who were behind as no one could pass the pile up. Massive split

Nibali in main bunch

Ta
Roche?

Dan Martin not in yet. Roche safely mid peloton

Ta
Roche?

My bets Gesink(top 3) and Danielson(Top 10)- now abandoned are ruined. Luckily I’m picking up a few quid most stages. Some carnage though

Hey Balbec, seems its more suicide to stay in the bunch this week.

Think this is Martin coming in now over 13 minutes down

Hesjedal & Martin in that group 13’31" behind

Where did Brajkovic finish?
Very very tough on Garmin.

Brajkovic 31st: 2’27" down now

Roche is now 14th overall, still 25" adrift

Thanks for the updates Scrunchie. Balbec your dead right imo regarding positioning. Only issue is if all GC guys try and position themselves at front of peloton that in itself can lead to crashes.

Well you have to keep well up in it. And that’s where having a strong team comes into it. No sign of Evans in trouble today, or Wiggins. Lance Armstrong only had one mishap in seven tours I reckon, the time when Beloki crashed in front of him. Of course you need to fight hard to get to the front and stay there.

That’s what they are saying in interviews, that it was the front of the bunch caused the crash. They had no pictures of it on tv. It was 25km to go and they’d just started winding it up for the chase. Some fellas in bits. Hesjedal for one and a teammate of his came in with his gear in shreds and his shoe in bits.

Today sounds nasty. Bike crashes are one sore thing. That split second when you know you’re about to be involved in one, cuntish to say the least.