Tour De France 2012

Dan Martin in with a good chance tomorrow imo. Probably won’t be much action on first two climbs but final climb will be telling from a GC point of view.

Need to think about tomorrow. So many top guys lost time today. But the question is who is injured or not? Last climb is a bit irregular so might suit Evans more than Wiggins. I fancy van den broeck tomorrow. Could suit Dan Martin, wonder how wrecked he is? Nico could be top ten tomorrow night. At least after today if he bombs in the TT he may not lose too many places.

Who you shouting for on GC balbec? I’d rather WIggins didn’t win it. Not very fond of him or indeed Team $ky.
I think stage could well by run by somehow who goes earlyish in a break. Unlikely that any team will work too hard to chase a break down I’d have thought. Radioshack probably reckon yellow will be gone tomorrow while teams with GC guys will want to conserve energy.
I’d have thought Martin wouldn’t have killed himself today. If he is in decent condition I’d say he will give it a go anyway. Their main goal could be mountain classification now which would be great. Van Den Broeck or Gesink will try and make up time tomorrow imo.

@DanMartin86: That was he scariest crash Ever and I wasnt even in it. 70kph+ just managed to stop in time on the grass.

Dan Martin confirms he was unaffected (physically) in crash today. The fact that he rolled in 13 mins behind bunch should then mean reserves in the tank for tomorrow. And he’s so far down on GC no one will worry about him.

[quote=“larryduff, post: 627700”]
Who you shouting for on GC balbec? I’d rather WIggins didn’t win it. Not very fond of him or indeed Team $ky.
I think stage could well by run by somehow who goes earlyish in a break. Unlikely that any team will work too hard to chase a break down I’d have thought. Radioshack probably reckon yellow will be gone tomorrow while teams with GC guys will want to conserve energy.
I’d have thought Martin wouldn’t have killed himself today. If he is in decent condition I’d say he will give it a go anyway. Their main goal could be mountain classification now which would be great. Van Den Broeck or Gesink will try and make up time tomorrow imo.[/quote]

Wouldn’t mind seeing Evans win it again. After Nico of course.

:lol: at this post.

Evans, Nibali and JVDB really need to attack tomorrow, it is definitely a finish where they can get time on Wiggins, I think they could 20 seconds plus on him if they want.

No, i don’t like Sky Larry. Don’t mind Cav but the way they go on you would swear they invented the sport. A bit like the Clare hurling crowd.

What time is this kicking off today. Wouldn’t mind sitting down and watching it all

Coverage 12.30
Live action 1
Last 6km should be on around 4 I’d have thought.

I’m driving. Any early breaks?

Yeah break that includes Albasini, L L Sanchez and Riblon is five minutes clear. 50km to go. Sky riding tempo on front but I’d say they’d be happy to let break stay away.

Hesjedal is out of tour.

larry pal, was Martin so far back yesterday because he was looking after Hesjedal? Will this breakaway be caught on the climb? Has Martin a realistic chance of winning this stage?

Bandage good to have you on this thread.
Yeah Martin was caught up in crash and stayed with Hesjedal. Didn’t get injured himself though. Some good riders in breakaway but I’d say it will be caught. Martin is a very good climber and has potential to do it today. Quite unlikely that he will win the stage given level of competition though.

Fact Garmin are riding at front would certainly indicate Martin is going to give it a rattle anyway.

Is he their only likely winner?

Yes

Awful time for a puncture for van den broeck

Only getting to watch a bit of this now, what number/colours is Martin

blue garmin