Travellers

You paid them first? :smile:

I did :frowning:

A great life lesson learned - you cant put a price on these thingsā€¦ How did you get the axles back home?

I left them there looking forlorn

2 Likes

My uncle, a Galway man living in Dublin was brilliant with the kids outside Croke Park doing it. Heā€™d wave the Ā£5 note in their face, rip it in half, and tell them to be there after the game for the other half.

I always remember he used to have this big fuck off wheel lock on the car and me being the thick culchie couldnt understand why youā€™d need to go such lengths when locking up. He had about 4 or 5 cars robbed and burned out over the years in Dublin. And lived in Rathfarnham, so wouldnt be the worst place or anything.

1 Like

I ā€˜spose ye all head the wan about the lad who went to the match in Dublin in his big fancy Merc. He parked it up and a couple of scobes popped up looking for a fiver to mind it. Yer mans says ā€œno thanksā€ pointing at an Alsatian in the car ā€œthatā€™s what I have him forā€ wan of the scobes chimes back ā€œyeah, but can he put out firesā€
Fiver paid

True story. Allegedly.

Probably and urban myth tho.

Thatā€™s a well worn one at this stage now - and urban legend even ā€¦

twice in 24 hours now Iā€™ve been accused of it. :man_shrugging:

He used to do it anyway, I always thought he was cracked at it. Iā€™m sure plenty of others would do it too.

Iā€™m only hopping your balls after the other fella yesterday

1 Like

Gave some zombie a fiver to mind the car before the Kilkenny game. Tis more tradition than anything now days. Iā€™ve never seen anyone doing it in Limerick.

Between handing out fivers to urchins and tipping barbers, TFK has really opened my eyes to some incredible social faux pas I am making out there in the real world.

To be fair a ā‚¬5 for all day parking with personal security only minutes walk from the ground is great value

Listowel starting Sunday. ā€œThrow me down something, throw me down somethingā€¦ā€

2 Likes

If you are parking somewhere around Croke Park and the lockhards are shaking you down, you are parking in the wrong place.

4 Likes

Could you throw them down a bar of soap?

2 Likes

ah this is going back a long time now. At least 20 or nearly 30 years really. He used to prefer park off north circular road, either just off Dorset street or else closer to Phibsboro from recollection. The day of the Kerry Galway replay in 2000, himself and my aul lad were heading in, I was living in Rathmines so cycled in, but the traffic was woeful around Kings inn Park on the Phibsboro road, and he said fuck that. Turned the car up on to the path and left it there. Said it would either be there or not when they went back, but he wasnt missing the game over cunts blocking up the road.

2 Likes

Buckingham St, Sherrard St and Charles St are proper lockhard areas

:question:

Any chap coming with a car to Croke Park and not parking in Fairview/Marino is a pure simpleton

2 Likes

Or a hand grenade

1 Like