Travellers

The silkies probably passed them going up the other side

4 Likes

Resources have always been stretched in fairness.

2 Likes

Always the way in this country, let things go till they get so bad that it requires an army of resources to go in a sort out the problem. Where as if they spent the time nipping the shit in the bud it would take up less resources and money.

2 Likes

When i was a young fella my old man used to bring me to the flapping meetings all the time. This was pony racing basically and wasnā€™t governed by horse racing authorities, was a great apprenticeship for young jockeys.

There used to be a few suljy races on the card most weeks. Too young to remember if it was travellers racing. Must ask the old fella

1 Like

Canā€™t comment as I donā€™t know,but from what I saw in the past as a bouncer/ doorman I can categorically say that the law crapped themselves each and everytime we had an incident ref pikeys ( clean out of several bars druggies/ travellers) they didnā€™t want to know,mind u that was 13/ l4 years ago

1 Like

Easy money afraid to tackle real crime

If one of those folks that are hanging out of the windows of the car fell out of the car, would they put in a claim?

Does a traveler shit in the woods?

6 Likes

Obviously

I may have had the location wrong.

All this coverage and weā€™re still none the wiser as to who actually won the big race

We will need a video of a cyclist getting indignantly shoved into the hard shoulder by a sulky race before Ireland Inc. takes notice.

6 Likes

Jesus. Itā€™d be hard to pick a side in that cuntfest.

Imagine living near that? Living nightmare

Thereā€™s 5 figures worth of booze there

RTƉ News spoke to a 28-year-old man, who did not want to be identified, who said he was one of those who took part.

He said the race lasted around four minutes and took place at around 7.40am on Sunday. He also said that particular stretch was a popular spot for sulky racing.

The man said his horse was being well looked after and was minded and was in perfect health afterwards.

Asked about the potential harm that could have been caused, he said maybe it was dangerous but that was the sport.

He said he grew up in the sport and did not race in tracks because he did not have a licence.

The Road Safety Authority has said the the behaviour was irresponsible and said it put peopleā€™s lives at risk. GardaĆ­ said they were investigating the incident.

Surely the thing to do is make the sport a national sport and build a few sulky racing tracks in the areas of interest. Sport Ireland has a budget of 68.5 million, up 6.3 million from 2019. Maybe JP can chip in to meet the local demand.

1 Like

They donā€™t have enough mixer

Iā€™ll have to be honest, it was the other way round in galway